KFAN college basketball coverage

Minnesconsin fan

Reaction score
I haven't listened to it yet, but the Badger board has a post saying Leuer and Taylor were on KFAN this morning-- anyone listen? Was PA a little more prepared for this one than he was for Q?

Unfortunately, he probably was. For some reason, most of the media in this town think it's more "journalistic" and "professional" to absolutely rip the local teams at every opportunity, while brown-nosing other teams. PA, Bump, etc, all always absolutely bow down to anybody who will deign to come on with them, unless they're from the U.

I haven't listened to it yet, but the Badger board has a post saying Leuer and Taylor were on KFAN this morning-- anyone listen? Was PA a little more prepared for this one than he was for Q?

Yeah, I listened and it sickens me that KFAN offers a forum for our closest geographic rivals. First the Green Bay Packers, then Fred Hoiberg and ISU and now UW? I suppose next we will have to endure BB, Bo Ryan, Kirk Ferentz and Fran McCaffery. Ridiculous.

Yeah, I listened and it sickens me that KFAN offers a forum for our closest geographic rivals. First the Green Bay Packers, then Fred Hoiberg and ISU and now UW? I suppose next we will have to endure BB, Bo Ryan, Kirk Ferentz and Fran McCaffery. Ridiculous.

coming soon "The Saul Phillips show" giving all the NDSU Bison info that LakesBison can stomach

PA

wonder why Brett Bielema hasn't been on PA's show for a while. Thats the one time I actually liked BB when he was making PA look ike the complete jackass he is. Wonder if that interview is podcast would love to hear it again.

Spew hatred all that you want, craziest thing though if you don't like it....change the station. They do the best they can recruiting guests on KFAN and recently have had tons of coverage on gopher hoops. PA even is now having weekly conversations with your favorite blogger and Strib writer Nadine Babu. Give the guy a break, he reports football, and now does the best he can to cover the hoops squad.

Furthermore, although I hate that they have "Packer Preview" and other shows regarding out of state sports teams, this is a regional station with an audience far greater than just MN, heaven forbid there could be other listeners other than local rubes!!

Do what you want, but stop acting like typical Rubes and realize that at least we have decent legitimate sports talk in our state. There is a reason that they are nationally known and respected as a top tier talk radio station.

They are both from MN....so that would be logical yes

PA is a moron, you can't go year after year bashing a program, making fun of it in every way, reporting only negatives without the positives and expect people to listen to you when all of a sudden a 2nd sports station pops up in town, the vikings suck, oh and by the way your main programming (the vikings) may not even play next year. My guess is he is not trying his best but rather trying to keep a paycheck. I for one say good bye, I hope the whole station goes!

PA is a moron, you can't go year after year bashing a program, making fun of it in every way, reporting only negatives without the positives and expect people to listen to you when all of a sudden a 2nd sports station pops up in town, the vikings suck, oh and by the way your main programming (the vikings) may not even play next year. My guess is he is not trying his best but rather trying to keep a paycheck. I for one say good bye, I hope the whole station goes!

Listened to reusse and mackey from 12 to 3. 1000% better than common and I think PA stole some material from them from a previous show. Not a huge fan of reusse but at least they talk sports logically. Only downfall is they have souhan on.

Given that PA is the radio voice of the Vikings, he's been a homer for them to the Nth degree. There's always been certain plastic, phony bent to his schtick that makes me understand that if 1130 become the flagship of the Gophers, he'd have this presto-chango conversion to 'biggest Gopher homer ever'.

Reusse and Mackey 1000% more listenable than Common? Wow. Say what you will about DC, but if you are listening to him for sports, you really don't get it. Common's demographic is sports fans who want a break from all the 'sports, sports, sports, is your whole life just sports' guys. Breath of fresh air if you ask me, and he had a more reasonable (and correct) take on Tubby's calling out players than 95% of the TC sporting media.

Given that PA is the radio voice of the Vikings, he's been a homer for them to the Nth degree. There's always been certain plastic, phony bent to his schtick that makes me understand that if 1130 become the flagship of the Gophers, he'd have this presto-chango conversion to 'biggest Gopher homer ever'.

Reusse and Mackey 1000% more listenable than Common? Wow. Say what you will about DC, but if you are listening to him for sports, you really don't get it. Common's demographic is sports fans who want a break from all the 'sports, sports, sports, is your whole life just sports' guys. Breath of fresh air if you ask me, and he had a more reasonable (and correct) take on Tubby's calling out players than 95% of the TC sporting media.

Understand what you are saying about DC. Has the same material day after day and if you listen once every two weeks (like I do) you might hear some new stuff. Rosen saves him from 2 to 3 as well as Dark Star. You can only stomach his haight ashbury days, his kids and his golf game only so many times.

Understand what you are saying about DC. Has the same material day after day and if you listen once every two weeks (like I do) you might hear some new stuff. Rosen saves him from 2 to 3 as well as Dark Star. You can only stomach his haight ashbury days, his kids and his golf game only so many times.

A fair assessment. Different strokes for different folks.

Spew hatred all that you want, craziest thing though if you don't like it....change the station. They do the best they can recruiting guests on KFAN and recently have had tons of coverage on gopher hoops. PA even is now having weekly conversations with your favorite blogger and Strib writer Nadine Babu. Give the guy a break, he reports football, and now does the best he can to cover the hoops squad.

Furthermore, although I hate that they have "Packer Preview" and other shows regarding out of state sports teams, this is a regional station with an audience far greater than just MN, heaven forbid there could be other listeners other than local rubes!!

Do what you want, but stop acting like typical Rubes and realize that at least we have decent legitimate sports talk in our state. There is a reason that they are nationally known and respected as a top tier talk radio station.

I think that's where a lot of people disagree with you. He recently did an interview with Quincy Lewis and was completely unprepared which to me shows he doesn't care. Just five minutes of prep would have helped him.

I honestly don't care as I don't listen to KFAN at all anymore, but can understand people getting annoyed by stuff like that.

Reusse and Mackey 1000% more listenable than Common? Wow. Say what you will about DC, but if you are listening to him for sports, you really don't get it. Common's demographic is sports fans who want a break from all the 'sports, sports, sports, is your whole life just sports' guys. Breath of fresh air if you ask me, and he had a more reasonable (and correct) take on Tubby's calling out players than 95% of the TC sporting media

I disagree. Common's show is about as stale as it can possibly be. It's pretty much the same show day after day after day...

"sports, sports, sports, is your whole life just sports" 13 14 school of hard knocks where tuition was a pound of flesh...Ma Boah! Ad nausea. JMO

I don't listen much to KFAN and I am a huge sports fan.

My opinion:

The morning show is sophmoric.
PA is a all jive and no substance
Common is Common
Barreiro Best of the bunch (but it's a very low bar)
I do like Lake though. Again JMO

Top Bottom