KFAN 3-6:30 today

DLguy

Reaction score
Justin Gaard will be hosting the show from the Big Ten media day with Hawkey helping from the studio. Listening to JG during PA's show was really good. He knows his stuff, and you can tell he actually does like the Gophers. All the haters need to remember that he grew up a Gopher fan and graduated from the U, but went to Iowa for a few years. Yes he is a critic of them, but has had every right to in the past few years. And Hawkey is a season ticket holder for the Gophers as well. JG will have as many coaches from the Gopher schedule as possible. And of course, Kill will have a good segment.

Thanks for the update. Will tune in as soon as the pressers are done. I'll miss the last hour thanks to work, but will be tuning in.

Why don't they have Grimm do most of the Gopher coverage? JG is OK, very generic in his Gopher knowledge/coverage. He had some nice interviews. His counter parts have been awful. PA made his second mistake commenting about Nebraska in less than a week.

Disappointed football isn't also on ESPN 1500.

How much longer will KFAN let Jerry Kill interview on CCO with Sid and Dave on Sunday?

Why don't they have Grimm do most of the Gopher coverage? JG is OK, very generic in his Gopher knowledge/coverage. He had some nice interviews. His counter parts have been awful. PA made his second mistake commenting about Nebraska in less than a week.

How much longer will KFAN let Jerry Kill interview on CCO with Sid and Dave on Sunday?

I think Mike Grimm is a Learfield guy. Since he is not a KFAN employee, I wouldnt do them much good to send him down there. JG was very informed and knows his stuff.

And not sure 1500 would be any better. They employ Souhan and Ruesse. KFAN is doing a good job so far, and they are the #1 sports station, so we should be glad the Gophs are on there. Better and broader exposure.

I thought JG was good. He covered a bunch of good questions with both Kirk Ferentz and Jerry Kill when I listened. He is quick on his feet and got the most out of each interview.

I thought it was interesting how Ferentz was open an honest about hoping MN would not discover Coach Kill.

I listened to a few of the podcasts last night. I thought JG/KFAN did great. I mean compared to the evil neighbor's coverage last ye... wait I don't think they had anything. I stopped listening when Dubay (Puffy) was fired. They have done a good job so far.

I heard 1500's 1 local sports show blabbering about our team and all they did was run it down. Said they didn't believe in Kill, said the team would take 4 years just to get back to the PC Micron bowl. So, no, I'm glad those idiots didn't get the team, and am disappointed that they will be doing basketball.

I think this has been the best off-season in my admittedly short life if you add up all the media coverage, anchored by KFAN. Good work, Media department.

Top Bottom