Kentucky

Juicer

Reaction score
Has unbelievable talent. And their style is such that the other squad never has to rest. Amazing athleticism and fitness; specifically with Wall, Bledsoe and Patterson. Those 3 can go forever in that style.

Bledsoe will stick around after Wall departs and will be a top-10 pick 2 years from now.

I've watched a lot of college basketball and these guys are athletes at a different level.

Just watched Cousins (another freshman) spin on his guy in the post and cram it with his off hand off the spin. Sick.

Yes....and they all already have contracts....no doubt Calipari paid handsomely to aquire their services.

If Cousins ever makes the commitment at the next level on his conditioning he'll be an all-timer. In my opinion he's way more advanced than Dwight Howard (and maybe still is) was as far as his post offense goes.

Cousins you say? Scott Van Pelt said Cousins "flat out doesn't get it" today on his tv/radio show. That whole team has crazy talent but Florida looked like a less than average team out there...when you bring the #2 team in the country and Dickie V to your place you gotta bring it. Props to the Cats for their play but they will cruise through the SEC without so much as a hint of a challenge. I'm calling an upset of them in the tournament, out by the sweet 16. Any takers?

Meh. Squad is a great collection of talent but I wonder about their heart. Its a team full of 1-2 and done guys (they hope). Wall is a monster but I hate college teams like them as they're essentially all star teams. Give me the back to back Florida teams or the UNC team from last year anyday. Those squads had great talent but were led by juniors and seniors, not 1 and done divas

Cousins you say? Scott Van Pelt said Cousins "flat out doesn't get it" today on his tv/radio show. That whole team has crazy talent but Florida looked like a less than average team out there...when you bring the #2 team in the country and Dickie V to your place you gotta bring it. Props to the Cats for their play but they will cruise through the SEC without so much as a hint of a challenge. I'm calling an upset of them in the tournament, out by the sweet 16. Any takers?

That Florida team bitchslapped the Spartans. UT beat the former number 1 team in Kansas on Sunday with a depleted roster and lost by 1 to Purdue. Ole Miss has been decent but hasn't been able to get over the hump against the bigger teams. Georgia beat the Illini. Anything can happen in the tournament but to say they won't be tested is false.

I didn't hear Van Pelt's comments so I can't argue the points of his argument based on that statement. I will say this: Cousins is a boy in a man's body and he's still got a long way to go but if he puts it together, with his size and his skill, I have zero doubts how good he can be.

That Florida team bitchslapped the Spartans. UT beat the former number 1 team in Kansas on Sunday with a depleted roster and lost by 1 to Purdue. Ole Miss has been decent but hasn't been able to get over the hump against the bigger teams. Georgia beat the Illini. Anything can happen in the tournament but to say they won't be tested is false.

I didn't hear Van Pelt's comments so I can't argue the points of his argument based on that statement. I will say this: Cousins is a boy in a man's body and he's still got a long way to go but if he puts it together, with his size and his skill, I have zero doubts how good he can be.

True - A little bit of an exaggeration on my part but you probably get what I was implying. No team has gone undefeated in over 30 years and all the teams will lose at some point. Just as Texas did (UNC, Mich St), Kentucky played those real early marquee games (Conn, UNC) and surprised people with how talented they were. I am slightly biased because I can't stand Calipari and the program dumping (MASS, MEM), so that plays a part in my opinion. Hurts when you have an extremely high character coach like Tubby Smith at the U of M who stands for what is right even if it means losing wins/players.

True - A little bit of an exaggeration on my part but you probably get what I was implying. No team has gone undefeated in over 30 years and all the teams will lose at some point. Just as Texas did (UNC, Mich St), Kentucky played those real early marquee games (Conn, UNC) and surprised people with how talented they were. I am slightly biased because I can't stand Calipari and the program dumping (MASS, MEM), so that plays a part in my opinion. Hurts when you have an extremely high character coach like Tubby Smith at the U of M who stands for what is right even if it means losing wins/players.

Appreciate the civil and well thought out response. From communicating personally with some folks around UK and from some of the beat writers this team's goals are a. Win the national championship and b. Go undefeated. That's why Patterson came back to school (and to get his degree) and that's what the focus is on. Will they do either? I don't know because this is a funny game but the former is far more likely than the latter.

I'm amazed at these kids desire, will to win and how much they enjoy playing the game. After the game last night, you'd think Demarcus Cousins and Wall had just won the title the way they were celebrating. What's probably even more amazing is how unselfish and versatile this team, despite its youth and "star" status, really is. Florida and UofL's gameplan hinged around taking away Wall (which both did for the most part) and what happened was another piece/pieces stepped up.

Even if you don't like Calipari or Kentucky you should watch this team play. Even if they don't win the title they're a special bunch because they've brought something back to Kentucky that's been missing the last 5-6 years: fun.

Appreciate the civil and well thought out response. From communicating personally with some folks around UK and from some of the beat writers this team's goals are a. Win the national championship and b. Go undefeated. That's why Patterson came back to school (and to get his degree) and that's what the focus is on. Will they do either? I don't know because this is a funny game but the former is far more likely than the latter.

I'm amazed at these kids desire, will to win and how much they enjoy playing the game. After the game last night, you'd think Demarcus Cousins and Wall had just won the title the way they were celebrating. What's probably even more amazing is how unselfish and versatile this team, despite its youth and "star" status, really is. Florida and UofL's gameplan hinged around taking away Wall (which both did for the most part) and what happened was another piece/pieces stepped up.

Even if you don't like Calipari or Kentucky you should watch this team play. Even if they don't win the title they're a special bunch because they've brought something back to Kentucky that's been missing the last 5-6 years: fun.

I am a former UK fan. Fun was there before Tubby left. Kentucky got what they deserved, a "Crook". As coach Knight said, people like him should be banned from coaching. Having the best players in the country in one team is like Yankees baseball team. It is only fun for you and other ignorant UK fans to watch not the rest of the nation.

By the way, I still think that Patterson and Wall will be injured before March.

Having the best players in the country in one team is like Yankees baseball team.

I can't stand the Yankee's but I certainly admire their talent. Even Gardenhire, when getting beat by them, has a certain wow factor afterwards. I feel the same way about Kentucky. They are good.

I don't like Kentucky, and never have. They look good this year with all the talent, but I'd advise you to enjoy it while you can, Truth. This season likely won't officially exist in a few years. (Plus, I don't like Kentucky to win it all this year. Too young.)

ky

I caught the Ky game last night and agree with the truth that this is a special team. Not only a collection of top talent but super team chemistry. A lot of fun to watch for any fan of the game. They remind me somewhat of the unlv team of a few years back. I don,t see why a person cannot be a gopher fan and yet enjoy watching other teams play. To me the differance between Minn. and Uk is that one is busy building a dynasty of the future and the other just reloaded.

To me the differance between Minn. and Uk is that one is busy building a dynasty of the future and the other just reloaded.

Well, the biggest difference between the two is that Tubby and William Wesley aren't close personal friends. Thankfully.

Kentucky is fun to watch, that's for sure. They're going to win a lot of games, but I think in the tournament of the elite teams they'll be the one most likely to get bounced early because of their youth.

I'm not a fan of Dick Vitale, but he was on target when he said this last night:

"Kentucky and John Calipari are a perfect fit."

Naturally, Vitale meant it as a coach-loving, a*s-kissing compliment to Calipari, but I took it the other way. I think those of us outside of Kentucky understand and don't bury our heads in the sand as to why they're a perfect fit.

I caught the Ky game last night and agree with the truth that this is a special team. Not only a collection of top talent but super team chemistry. A lot of fun to watch for any fan of the game. They remind me somewhat of the unlv team of a few years back. I don,t see why a person cannot be a gopher fan and yet enjoy watching other teams play. To me the differance between Minn. and Uk is that one is busy building a dynasty of the future and the other just reloaded.

They do have a lot of great chemistry. That was one of the coaching staff's goals: They used the break to not only work on basketball related stuff but grow as a team. A lot was made of these "three a days" that took place when school wasn't in session but some of those "sessions" were built on social, team building exercises like bowling nights, movie nights, team dinners, etc. They've really gotten to know each other and trust each other in a non-basketball setting and that has translated very well on the court.

I'm not going to answer any of the attempts to derail the OP's thread but I will say this to one poster in particular: You should be ashamed of the stuff you post. You and your other cohorts (Which I'm honestly beginning to suspect is just the same person under multiple accounts) are a sorry collection of human beings.

I used to like Kentucky (at least in relation to the other 'super-powers' but that ended when the hired coach sleaze. A pox on them until the day he leaves. That said, I don't think they will go undefeated. The SEC is good enough they'll slip up somewhere. If they don't, I half expect them to 'throw' a game near the end just to take the pressure off come the NCAA's. IIRC, the 1996 Kentucky team was undefeated going into the SEC tournament Championship game. They lost, and Pitino said he was relieved. They went on to stomp thier way to the NC. That team is still the best college basketball team I've never seen.

They do have a lot of great chemistry. That was one of the coaching staff's goals: They used the break to not only work on basketball related stuff but grow as a team. A lot was made of these "three a days" that took place when school wasn't in session but some of those "sessions" were built on social, team building exercises like bowling nights, movie nights, team dinners, etc. They've really gotten to know each other and trust each other in a non-basketball setting and that has translated very well on the court.

I'm not going to answer any of the attempts to derail the OP's thread but I will say this to one poster in particular: You should be ashamed of the stuff you post. You and your other cohorts (Which I'm honestly beginning to suspect is just the same person under multiple accounts) are a sorry collection of human beings.

Wait. Is it me?

When Calipari leaves.....

he'll make Lane Kiffin's exit seem dragged out. And it might be after the same number of season's.

Cousins is on a fasttrack to becoming the next Rasheed Wallace, only with half the basketball talent.

Kentucky does look like the best team in the country. They will have a great shot at winning it all. Then four years from now when Calipari leaves and there is more scandal, they can vacate their wins, etc. If I was an AD I wouldn't touch Calipari.

No sir. It's a poster who has repeatedly posted about his glee for potential injuries to young men. I've tired of seeing it and wanted to call him out for it.

When did I wish for the injury of these young men that you are talking about? Patterson is a Tubby recruit and Wall is a money recruit. If I wanted to wish anything bad for these young people, why would I put them in the same category? I am just predicting. Most likely, Uk will win it all but as another poster mentioned in 4-5 years, it will be take away. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Also, stop being so caring and loving person. You bas***ds have forgotten how you were booing ST after his life-changing operation? Where were you then? That young man deserved that?

When did I wish for the injury of these young men that you are talking about? Patterson is a Tubby recruit and Wall is a money recruit. If I wanted to wish anything bad for these young people, why would I put them in the same category? I am just predicting. Most likely, Uk will win it all but as another poster mentioned in 4-5 years, it will be take away. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Also, stop being so caring and loving person. You bas***ds have forgotten how you were booing ST after his life-changing operation? Where were you then? That young man deserved that?

Patterson signed with UK when Gillispie was HC. He was going to sign with UK had Tubby stayed.

For those Gophers fans who don't recognize ST, that's Sheray Thomas. He had a large, non-cancerous tumor removed during his sophomore season at UK and never fulfilled the promise he had shown up to that point.

Some fans were pretty harsh on him but not all.

Your wrong. He was Fla bound unless you have a link?

Friend of Tubby is correct on this one. Patterson was going to Kentucky, with or without Tubby at the helm.

Tubby Smith offered a scholarship to Patterson when he left for Minnesota and they declined. He wanted to be at Kentucky, he and his family loved the school, the community, the tradition, the proximity to his home etc but there was some doubt when Tubby left. The only thing Gillispie ever did right at UK was reassuring the Patterson's that those things wouldn't change. One of the few instances I can remember where a kid loved the school first and the coach second. These days it is, especially among the elite prospects, the other way around.

Top Bottom