Kentucky loses to Georgia!

Plinnius

Reaction score
At home, no less. Bounces them off the bubble. Bad, bad loss.

No other fanbase can compare to Kentucky when it comes to meltdowns

To make this night even better, Kentucky loses AT HOME to Georgia and their 200+ RPI. I know it's petty, but I don't care; Kentucky meltdowns make me laugh. Catspause is going crazy. Is Gillispie going to survive the night?

Edit: For clarification, I meant is his coaching career going to survive. I certainly hope that Kentucky fans have enough sense not to cause him harm; throwing bottles at him as he is leaving the arena is even inappropriate.

The last time I looked there were 10,000 people on Catspause ! 10,000 !

Ready to feel bad for Gillispie though. They are reporting that there were bottles being thrown at him as he was walking down the tunnel after the game. That's just wrong.

The loss bounces Kentucky out. Our win likely seals our spot.

YES !!!

At home, no less. Bounces them off the bubble. Bad, bad loss.

I rarely speak of other teams, but that really is BAD. I've seen Georgia play a couple of times this year and they were, um, not good. I can only imagine the type of meltdown going on in Lexington as we speak.

The last time I looked there were 10,000 people on Catspause ! 10,000 !

Ready to feel bad for Gillispie though. They are reporting that there were bottles being thrown at him as he was walking down the tunnel after the game. That's just wrong.

The loss bounces Kentucky out. Our win likely seals our spot.

YES !!!

Wow, they threw bottles at him? WTF!!!!

And those fans wonder why they're not what they once were? Look at Indiana's fanbase...now THAT's a good crowd. They have been amazing all year, supporting a poor team no less. I fear what Indiana may become again under Crean, and thankfully they finally had a very poor year (everyone should have one once in a while), but I cannot dismiss the demeanor of their fans this year. Another reason why Kentucky's program is falling and Indiana's will be back.

To make this night even better, Kentucky loses AT HOME to Georgia and their 200+ RPI. I know it's petty, but I don't care; Kentucky meltdowns make me laugh. Catspause is going crazy. Is Gillispie going to survive the night?
]

As I said in an earlier post, I rarely speak of other teams. But I might just head over to CP just for the entertainment of it all.

Losing to Georgia really is a kick-in-the-gut.

My apologies to Plinnius, I didn't see that he had started a thread on this before I wrote mine. People were actually throwing things at Gillispie? That's taking things too far. I wonder if he's going to start needing police protection like Cosgrove needed at Nebraska. Here's a link to catspause for those who want to enjoy the meltdown.

Kentucky wasn't the only one with bad losses tonight. Miami lost at Georgia Tech, who's only marginally better then Georgia, and Florida lost at slumping Mississippi State. In all honesty I think the Gophers are now one win away from a bid, even if it comes in a 6/11 or 7/10 first round BTT game.

Fans in Rupp Arena throwing bottles at Gillispie after the game

Mods, if you don't want this on the board, then please remove it, but I figured you guys might wanna here about this. Tom Leach, the main radio UK sports guy said as Gillispie was walking through the tunnel, fans started pelting him with bottles and debris. Crazy! I don't know if something has ever happened in college bball.

cncmin -- great comparison to the IU program! That is about as tight an anology as can be made. Both teams have great tradition. When I was at the Final Four I thought the KU fans (and everybody else) were great. What happened? It's like they all went nuts. Who would want to coach there? And IU is going to be a force, no doubt. Luckily we will have a team that competes at the highest level.

cncmin -- great comparison to the IU program! That is about as tight an anology as can be made. Both teams have great tradition. When I was at the Final Four I thought the KU fans (and everybody else) were great. What happened? It's like they all went nuts. Who would want to coach there? And IU is going to be a force, no doubt. Luckily we will have a team that competes at the highest level.

It appears, if recruiting and coaching are the main drivers for the future Big Ten standings, that the dogfights for BT championships over the next few years should be between the Gophers and the Hoosiers, Spartans, Illini, and Boilermakers. The Badgers, now that they're not stealing the top MN players every year, should be just beyond this crowd - a team that will remain well-coached but, likely, its glory days over (for at least the time being). Ohio State? Too many one-and-dones look like they might be taking their toll. The Buckeyes might sneak in here and there to be a top-3 BT team, but consistently competing for the title, hopefully, is behind them, just like the Badgers (who isn't sick of the Buckeyes?). Michigan? I figured Beilein would be a top recruiter with what he did at WVU. Maybe Izzo just down the road is preventing that. The Hawkeyes look woefully lacking in talent, and I don't see them getting much better anytime soon. It looks like the American kids finally figured out that Iowa is not "where it's at" (took long enough). Northwestern? Nuh uh. Penn State? I wish...this year was and will be their best-talented squad in at least a decade - maybe both the in the past and the future. If they had a center, they would have competed for the BT title this year. But Iowa, NW, and PSU will likely be battling it out to stay out of the cellar for the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom