KenPom Ratings > It's Early But ...

It's funny to me how the top SOS teams are just a bunch of random small colleges. Not that this surprises me, mind you. I guess it's the nature of the beast. Best SOS rankings for anyone with a shot at contending this year were Butler (#10) and Cal (#15). Check out Monson's bunch down on the Beach - #3.

#1 Gardner Webb
#2 Radford
#3 Long Beach State
#4 Montana State
#5 Arkansas - Pine Bluffs
#6 Jacksonville
#7 Stetson
#8 Oakland
#9 VMI
#10 Butler

Here's the order of SOS in the Big Ten according to Pomeroy. Purdue-115, Iowa-116, Wis.-120, MSU-194, Ind.-201, Mich.-206, Minn.-208, NW-270, Ill.-282, OSU-291, PSU-295 Pretty sure I copied the numbers correctly.

What does all this mean?

Mostly it means the patsies are scheduling cash cow away games at the contenders. Strength of schedule will change as the big boys get into their conference games, as do the patsies.

The best SOS will come from scheduling patsies that actually win a bunch of conference games. That will help up the SOS of the teams that play them.

His current statistical predictions have us finishing at 14-4 in the Big Ten, tied for first.

Too bad we have to play the games. 14-4, 23-7 would be a good tournament seed. :)

Top Bottom