Kenosha News: NFL scouts might be looking at Epping as a center

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Kenosha News:

Epping was interviewed by several scouts, who were all wondering the same thing: Was he willing to play center?

“Of course I am, whatever gives me the best chance to play,” Epping said. “I don’t think a lot of them realized that my sophomore year I actually started seven or eight games at center.”

As a four-year starter at Minnesota, Epping played both guard positions.

Epping capped his career by earning All-Big Ten honors at guard.

http://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/nfl_scouts_might_be_looking_at_epping_as_a_center_481713231.html

Go Gophers!!

per the Kenosha News:

Epping was interviewed by several scouts, who were all wondering the same thing: Was he willing to play center?

“Of course I am, whatever gives me the best chance to play,” Epping said. “I don’t think a lot of them realized that my sophomore year I actually started seven or eight games at center.”

As a four-year starter at Minnesota, Epping played both guard positions.

Epping capped his career by earning All-Big Ten honors at guard.

http://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/nfl_scouts_might_be_looking_at_epping_as_a_center_481713231.html

Go Gophers!!

His nasty demeanor and ability to play all three interior positions could get him a spot on a team as a depth player...at the very least, he will be on a practice squad the first year with a chance to make a roster.

We will miss him. Any player that had to play against him knew he was in for a long grinding afternoon. Zero quit in that guy. He has had as much to do with the improvement in the program as any other player.

We will miss him. Any player that had to play against him knew he was in for a long grinding afternoon. Zero quit in that guy. He has had as much to do with the improvement in the program as any other player.

He definitely brought an edge to the line. Got him in trouble from time to time with some stupid penalties but you never had to doubt his effort or desire. Hopefully he is able to catch on with a team next season.

Is it just me, or am I imagining things?

There are more interests from the NFL for Gophers in a long time... Maxx, Cobb, Damien, Cedric, Zac.

Is Minnesota becoming NFL U, or the very least Linebacker U? There is so much to be said about coaching stability.

There are more interests from the NFL for Gophers in a long time... Maxx, Cobb, Damien, Cedric, Zac.

Is Minnesota becoming NFL U, or the very least Linebacker U? There is so much to be said about coaching stability.

Would you enlighten me? How many Gophers are currently active on NFL rosters and how many are LBs?

This will be a good year draft wise by our standards (assuming the three expected to get drafted all do) but I don't know that the amount of guys getting NFL looks is unheard of around here. Now if we consistently start to see 2-3 guys getting drafted every year that would be a change.

This will be a good year draft wise by our standards (assuming the three expected to get drafted all do) but I don't know that the amount of guys getting NFL looks is unheard of around here. Now if we consistently start to see 2-3 guys getting drafted every year that would be a change.

Hell, with Kiper's new projection, I wouldn't be shocked if we had 4 drafted this year and next year.

Who are the 4 next year? I can think of the 2 CBs, not sure who else...

Those two plus hopefully two of Cockran, Campbell or Travis. I have heard the coaches talk NFL for all three and before this year saw some projections of being a top 3 round pick for Theiren. Mortell, Campion and Antonio Johnson also have an outside chance. I don't think it's terribly outlandish to hope that 4 of those guys can make it.

Top Bottom