Kamala

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
And a failure, when it came to delivering a Big, Beautiful Wall Paid For By Mexico.

Tell me: did you ever for one moment believe that that fantasy had any basis in reality?

Yep, you're continuing to point out that politicians sometimes cannot deliver on their promises. Shocking!

Did I ever believe what? That a wall would be built? I probably put the odds of that at 30%.
That it would be paid for by Mexico directly? I probably put the odds of that at 0%

You see, I'm not a goldfish. I have seen a few presidential elections and I'm not shocked when politicians are not able to deliver on all of their campaign promises.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Yep, you're continuing to point out that politicians sometimes cannot deliver on their promises. Shocking!

Did I ever believe what? That a wall would be built? I probably put the odds of that at 30%.
That it would be paid for by Mexico directly? I probably put the odds of that at 0%

You see, I'm not a goldfish. I have seen a few presidential elections and I'm not shocked when politicians are not able to deliver on all of their campaign promises.

So you're skeptical of his empty bluster, as well as being an enthusiast for and defender of same.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
So you're skeptical of his empty bluster, as well as being an enthusiast for and defender of same.
I'm not enthusiastic over any politician. I think they are all mostly empty bluster.

As far as his defender, you know, pretty much only on here. This is the only place where I am around people too stupid to really even comprehend the bad things about Trump. I never voted for him and I never would, but the reasons you and the other idiots on this board list are the wrong ones.

golf

Reaction score
Numbers continued to rise under Trump....and then kept going under Biden. Nothing was "virtually solved" by Trump. Illegals under Trump were still jumping the boarder undetected. Whether it was over, through, or under the fail wall.

Trump solved nothing and the numbers reflect that.

Just doesnt matter if a hundred or even a million come to the border. The issue is how many are allowed to enter the interior of our country.

Approaching 200,000 unaccompanieds into our interior under biden versus waiting in mexico for trump.

Some families allowed into our country without even a court date under biden versus waiting in mexico under trump.

ICE more lenient under biden.

Trump virtually shut down the border. Imagine how much more he couldve done with dem cooperation.

I think a takeaway from the trump years for both parties is maybe not a bad idea to start looking outside of politics for presidential candidates.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
There are plenty of conservative historians.

The overwhelming vast majority of historians live on college campuses. There aren't a ton of "history" jobs. Yes, the overwhelming vast majority of professors are going to be liberal.

But you're right, of course there are exceptions.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Just doesnt matter if a hundred or even a million come to the border.

It doesn't matter?

Gee. I guess the humanitarian crisis is easily ignored and/or over-simplified by the God-fearing Family Values Party.

golf

Reaction score
It doesn't matter?

Gee. I guess the humanitarian crisis is easily ignored and/or over-simplified by the God-fearing Family Values Party.

Unfortunately a lot of misery in this world. Unfortunately we dont have the resources to allow everyone in and still do right by our own citizens.

stocker08

Reaction score
Just doesnt matter if a hundred or even a million come to the border. The issue is how many are allowed to enter the interior of our country.

Approaching 200,000 unaccompanieds into our interior under biden versus waiting in mexico for trump.

Some families allowed into our country without even a court date under biden versus waiting in mexico under trump.

ICE more lenient under biden.

Trump virtually shut down the border. Imagine how much more he couldve done with dem cooperation.

I think a takeaway from the trump years for both parties is maybe not a bad idea to start looking outside of politics for presidential candidates.

ROFL! It is? And exactly how many of the 65-75k+ that were apprehended (per month) get turned away? How many go through the process of getting in?

Trump never shut down the border. Both legal and illegal immigration continued under his watch. Increasing dramatically his last year in office. Just goes to show that his policies were extremely limited.....and didn't make the massive change that righties think it did.

This is just another one of the Trump lies that the right has been groomed to believe: boarder shut down, largest inauguration, stolen election, drain the swamp, Mexico pays for the wall, coronavirus under control, etc. Facts can't get in the way of right wing narrative.

capture-png.13047

stocker08

Reaction score
It doesn't matter?

Migrant caravans ended in 2017 and started back up in 2021. Trust me.

golf

Reaction score
ROFL! It is? And exactly how many of the 65-75k+ that were apprehended (per month) get turned away? How many go through the process of getting in?

Trump never shut down the border. Both legal and illegal immigration continued under his watch. Increasing dramatically his last year in office. Just goes to show that his policies were extremely limited.....and didn't make the massive change that righties think it did.

This is just another one of the Trump lies that the right has been groomed to believe: boarder shut down, largest inauguration, stolen election, drain the swamp, Mexico pays for the wall, coronavirus under control, etc. Facts can't get in the way of right wing narrative.

capture-png.13047

Certainly we will never 100% close the border so can always do better.

Just such a stark difference between biden letting in close to 200,000 unaccompanieds versus trump's waiting in mexico policy.

Imagine, families are now allowed into our country without even a court date.

ICE had been limited by Biden.

Sad thing is this could have all been so easily avoided. Have to admit it feels weird to me to agree with the migrants on an immigration issue. Does it feel weird to you to disagree with them?

stocker08

Reaction score
Certainly we will never 100% close the border so can always do better.

Just such a stark difference between biden letting in close to 200,000 unaccompanieds versus trump's waiting in mexico policy.

Imagine, families are now allowed into our country without even a court date.

ICE had been limited by Biden.

Sad thing is this could have all been so easily avoided. Have to admit it feels weird to me to agree with the migrants on an immigration issue. Does it feel weird to you to disagree with them?

And I've never said that there isn't a problem at the boarder. Something needs to change. All I've been saying is that things have been trending this direction for the past year....regardless of what you say about it. Trump's policies did not fix the problems. They were patchwork policies that might have helped in limited fashion....but in no way took care of the problem. The fail wall certainly didn't.

Angry

Reaction score
Since we don’t care about policing our boarder, how many are not being apprehended? I see why unaccompanied minors and families would turn themselves in as they’ll get a free pass, but how many slide in that are not recorded. I imagine that number is rising also.

Section2

Reaction score

Given the resistance to the wall, im shocked any of it got built. There were constant threads opposing it, eminent domain concerns, not using proper budget channels or political channels. Haha he didn’t get it done is pretty pathetic.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Since we don’t care about policing our boarder, how many are not being apprehended? I see why unaccompanied minors and families would turn themselves in as they’ll get a free pass, but how many slide in that are not recorded. I imagine that number is rising also.
Yep - just like the amount of drugs walking across the border is increasing.
Now - back to pants.

howeda7

Reaction score
Numbers continued to rise under Trump....and then kept going under Biden. Nothing was "virtually solved" by Trump. Illegals under Trump were still jumping the boarder undetected. Whether it was over, through, or under the fail wall.

Trump solved nothing and the numbers reflect that.
Turns out immigration, like peace in the Middle East, are difficult issues juuuust beyond the grasp of Don Trump and his son-in-law. Geniuses though they both are.

golf

Reaction score
And I've never said that there isn't a problem at the boarder. Something needs to change. All I've been saying is that things have been trending this direction for the past year....regardless of what you say about it. Trump's policies did not fix the problems. They were patchwork policies that might have helped in limited fashion....but in no way took care of the problem. The fail wall certainly didn't.

Those trending numbers are irrelevant. Issue is how many are getting into the country.

Pre trump, illegals would walk up to border guards and surrender, knowing they would get to enter our country's interior. Their assigned court date was years in the future and of course some would just skip it. How dumb are we. The genius of the remain in mexico policy is this strategy was defeated.

I really cant imagine another individual than president trump accomplishing this.

Meanwhile dems were establishing sanctuary cities and campuses, releasing illegal felons from jail so they could avoid ice detainers, and taking every opportunity to call trump racist.

Border still was virtually closed. But as i have posted, most impressive thing is this may not even be trump's most impressive accomplishment.

Question. Would you advise biden to return to trump's remain in mexico policy? Why or why not?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
All of them, eh? Every single one?
Of course not. LOL. Generally, the vast majority of historians are liberals.

You're still pretending to not understand how people speak? Get this, there are probably some Gopher fans who don't hate Iowa. Weird huh?

golf

Reaction score
Of course not. LOL. Generally, the vast majority of historians are liberals.

You're still pretending to not understand how people speak? Get this, there are probably some Gopher fans who don't hate Iowa. Weird huh?

Bad analogy. Impossible to be a gopher fan and not hate iowa ☺.

stocker08

Reaction score
Those trending numbers are irrelevant. Issue is how many are getting into the country.

Pre trump, illegals would walk up to border guards and surrender, knowing they would get to enter our country's interior. Their assigned court date was years in the future and of course some would just skip it. How dumb are we. The genius of the remain in mexico policy is this strategy was defeated.

I really cant imagine another individual than president trump accomplishing this.

Meanwhile dems were establishing sanctuary cities and campuses, releasing illegal felons from jail so they could avoid ice detainers, and taking every opportunity to call trump racist.

Border still was virtually closed. But as i have posted, most impressive thing is this may not even be trump's most impressive accomplishment.

Question. Would you advise biden to return to trump's remain in mexico policy? Why or why not?

You really have no figures to back anything you claim. I've presented numbers. You've gone to the tactic of yelling things like "PROBLEM SOLVED" and "BIGGEST INAUGERATION"! Whatever you've been told....without any actual facts to back it.

Would I go back to the Trump "remain in Mexico" policy? The stay in Mexico policy sent people back into wretched conditions while they waited. I think that some of it has merit. But some folks seeking asylum were probably better cases than others. Trump's policy identified anyone approaching the boarder as a bunch of brown people and labeled them the same.

golf

Reaction score
My nephew claims to be a fan of both. I haven't been able to convince him otherwise yet.

At least he's not a badger fan, so there is that. Also any iowa fan nephew of mine wouldbe dead to me ☺

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
You really have no figures to back anything you claim. I've presented numbers. You've gone to the tactic of yelling things like "PROBLEM SOLVED" and "BIGGEST INAUGERATION"! Whatever you've been told....without any actual facts to back it.

Would I go back to the Trump "remain in Mexico" policy? The stay in Mexico policy sent people back into wretched conditions while they waited. I think that some of it has merit. But some folks seeking asylum were probably better cases than others. Trump's policy identified anyone approaching the boarder as a bunch of brown people and labeled them the same.

So you wouldnt return to the remain in mexico policy then. You approve of up to 200,000 unaccompanieds coming into our country and families entering our interior without even a court date. If this is true, why not just say you think biden is doing a great job at the border?

Not sure what u mean by numbers. Fact is that trump policy did away with immigants being allowed to spend years in our country awaiting a hearing. Fact also is trump policy would have kept us out of our current mess.

stocker08

Reaction score
So you wouldnt return to the remain in mexico policy then. You approve of up to 200,000 unaccompanieds coming into our country and families entering our interior without even a court date. If this is true, why not just say you think biden is doing a great job at the border?

Not sure what u mean by numbers. Fact is that trump policy did away with immigants being allowed to spend years in our country awaiting a hearing. Fact also is trump policy would have kept us out of our current mess.

A bunch of garbage here in this post. Unaccompanied minors entering the country continued under Trump. Problem NOT solved. Whether or not the families were allowed refuge in the U.S. or not....problem NOT solved. People were flooding the boarder on Trump's watch. Only difference is that Trump made many of them stay in unhumanitarian conditions in Mexico. Did it stop the influx of refugees? The answer to that riddle is NO.

Trump policy didn't completely fix the issue like you donalds think. Didn't even come close to fixing it. You all just ate the bait.

The massive increase in boarder apprehensions from the spring of 2020 until now proves that there was a problem that still needs attention.

golf

Reaction score
A bunch of garbage here in this post. Unaccompanied minors entering the country continued under Trump. Problem NOT solved. Whether or not the families were allowed refuge in the U.S. or not....problem NOT solved. People were flooding the boarder on Trump's watch. Only difference is that Trump made many of them stay in unhumanitarian conditions in Mexico. Did it stop the influx of refugees? The answer to that riddle is NO.

Trump policy didn't completely fix the issue like you donalds think. Didn't even come close to fixing it. You all just ate the bait.

The massive increase in boarder apprehensions from the spring of 2020 until now proves that there was a problem that still needs attention.

Influx of refugees isnt the issue. Issue is that trump made them wait in mexico rather than wait in our country. Also of course trump policy wouldnt have allowed close to 200,000 unaccompanieds as we see now and migrant families to come in without even a court date.

Really stunning when you think about all of this. Dems pleased, media pleased, immigrants pleased, stocker 08 pleased, golf not pleased.

Again, the problem was solved. Didnt have to be this way. We are indeed dumb.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Tend to? So nowhere near all then?
You won’t find the word all in my post. And the full quote was “tend to be FAR more liberal than then population.” If the sample is very skewed, guess what the results will be.
it doesn’t really matter, does it? Just know that your left wing ranking of presidents is not evidence that matters at all to the right. Just as you would give zero credence to a right wing ranking of presidents. We know this because one of your favorite rips is Coolidge!! Which is just an indefensible position coming from you, since he represents PERFECTLY everything you claim to value. But he’s a joke to you because he’s a joke to the establishment. One of the many reasons YOU are a joke.
(Sorry for the caps jammer. I’m sure you’ll be along to criticize it. Might want to read a Murray post occasionally. )

Section2

Reaction score
Influx of refugees isnt the issue. Issue is that trump made them wait in mexico rather than wait in our country. Also of course trump policy wouldnt have allowed close to 200,000 unaccompanieds as we see now and migrant families to come in without even a court date.

Really stunning when you think about all of this. Dems pleased, media pleased, stocker 08 pleased, golf not pleased.

Again, the problem was solved. Didnt have to be this way. We are indeed dumb.
The problem wasn’t solved, but refugees and migrants were not encouraged to risk their lives on a journey that was dangerous to them. It was a better policy. The best policy for Central Americans would be to stop paying their corrupt leaders, and legalize drugs in the US. Then you’d have no problem.

Top Bottom