Kamala

Section2

Reaction score
With Joe unlikely to even finish his term, Kamala is the presumptive heir to the throne. And yikes. I knew Republicans dislike her, but I didn’t realize how strong the dislike was with moderates. This has to be unprecedented to be this underwater for a VP this early.

scools12

Reaction score
All you had to do is take a look at her performance in the presidential race. Harris is universally disliked.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
With Joe unlikely to even finish his term, Kamala is the presumptive heir to the throne. And yikes. I knew Republicans dislike her, but I didn’t realize how strong the dislike was with moderates. This has to be unprecedented to be this underwater for a VP this early.
Jill Biden doesn’t like Kamala much either. She said Kamala “can go fuck herself”.

Section2

Reaction score

stocker08

Reaction score
We'll see what happens in a few years. Biden won't run again and I don't see Harris getting enough support. Pretty good opportunity for the republicans if the rational folks can push back against the election frauders who seem hellbent on Trump 2024.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Joe and Jill hate Kamala so much they did the most sinister thing they could think of to her- made her VP and gave her the border crisis.
It’s a good thing she was wearing a mask when Joe announced that Kamala was in charge of the southern border. I’m pretty sure she said “go f yourself” too.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Jill Biden doesn’t like Kamala much either. She said Kamala “can go fuck herself”.

It’s a good thing she was wearing a mask when Joe announced that Kamala was in charge of the southern border. I’m pretty sure she said “go f yourself” too.
Of course there is not video loading, typical BTK post.

Most VPs and Ps aren't bosom buddies. Your obsession with Tom Hanks, is nutty, you Q weirdo (try not to get too excited by the drag he's adorning) -

1621537283589.png

forever a gopher

Reaction score
We'll see what happens in a few years. Biden won't run again and I don't see Harris getting enough support. Pretty good opportunity for the republicans if the rational folks can push back against the election frauders who seem hellbent on Trump 2024.
Can the R's pull together enough of a sane, unified effort to put forth a viable, likable candidate? I'm always jaded on politics, but I would bet the odds are less than 50/50.

On the flip side, the bone the D's threw to the progressives in going with Harris seems like it could blow up in their face. When Biden/Harris are through 3 years and looking at re-election, I think there will be enough Trump stink left over that I have to believe the moderates/independents would be leaning D in 2024. But what do the D's do? Joe can't run again, can he? Is he even going to make it though 3 years? Harris is so unlikeable among the people that actually matter (i.e. more moderate D's that actually vote and donate), that they can't really let her run. So do they go the very uncommon route of having a sitting prez/vice prez both not running for re-election?

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
On the flip side, the bone the D's threw to the progressives in going with Harris seems like it could blow up in their face.
You're not supposed to use phrases like "throwing a bone" when referencing Kamala. It's very insensitive, whether you are referring to how she climbed the political ladder in the past or how she got to be VP. You sir, could use some sensitivity training

STPGopher

Reaction score
You're not supposed to use phrases like "throwing a bone" when referencing Kamala. It's very insensitive, whether you are referring to how she climbed the political ladder in the past or how she got to be VP. You sir, could use some sensitivity training
You can pray your urges away you know...

Section2

Reaction score
Harris's favorables are higher in the yougov poll than Pence's were at the same point in his vice presidency.
That’s because huge margins had no opinion of Pence early on. Pence ratings were much higher than Trumps which is unprecedented. Also unprecedented is how strongly unfavorable are the opinions of Harris among moderates!
lick lick those pumps jammer.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
Hey, I have 24 hours of corporate equity training under my belt. I am now aware of all the atrocities befallen by the marginalized groups and how I, as a white male, are the root of all the world's problems. To deal with my guilt, I have since denounced my white male status, and self identify as a black, non-gendered, asexual humanoid. Because I am now part of the marginalized community, by definition through critical race theory, I am no longer capable of being racist, or insensitive in any way, thank you very much. And as a member of the marginalized community, I take your comment as a microaggression and will be reporting you to the proper authorities.

howeda7

Reaction score
She tries to straddle the moderate/progressive fence and be all things to all people. It doesn't work and both sides end up disliking her.

Amy K. would probably be the VP if not for Derek Chauvin.

golf

Reaction score
Hey, I have 24 hours of corporate equity training under my belt. I am now aware of all the atrocities befallen by the marginalized groups and how I, as a white male, are the root of all the world's problems. To deal with my guilt, I have since denounced my white male status, and self identify as a black, non-gendered, asexual humanoid. Because I am now part of the marginalized community, by definition through critical race theory, I am no longer capable of being racist, or insensitive in any way, thank you very much. And as a member of the marginalized community, I take your comment as a microaggression and will be reporting you to the proper authorities.

Funny stuff. Identifying as a black person to avoid being called a racist is truly next level.

howeda7

Reaction score
The most likely Dem nominee in 2024 is Joe Biden. Kamala is 2nd. I'd handicap it now as 50% Biden, 30% Harris, 20% field.

Section2

Reaction score
She tries to straddle the moderate/progressive fence and be all things to all people. It doesn't work and both sides end up disliking her.

Amy K. would probably be the VP if not for Derek Chauvin.
All politicians want to be all things to all people. That’s not the reason for the dislike.

Section2

Reaction score
You can't wait to run against an incumbent President with +10 approval ratings?
Biden isn’t going to run again. He already said as much. The only question is if he finishes his term. If he can get the government out of the way of the recovery and get stonewalled on all of his major spending initiatives, he probably will. If his crises snowball, he’s done and so will kamala.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You can't wait to run against an incumbent President with +10 approval ratings?
Yes.

You think today’s presidential approval ratings will matter in 3 months? A year? in 3 years?

Biden is riding the conclusion of Covid wave. That won’t last.

Ask G W Bush how that 9/11 wave lasted.

Section2

Reaction score
Can the R's pull together enough of a sane, unified effort to put forth a viable, likable candidate? I'm always jaded on politics, but I would bet the odds are less than 50/50.

On the flip side, the bone the D's threw to the progressives in going with Harris seems like it could blow up in their face. When Biden/Harris are through 3 years and looking at re-election, I think there will be enough Trump stink left over that I have to believe the moderates/independents would be leaning D in 2024. But what do the D's do? Joe can't run again, can he? Is he even going to make it though 3 years? Harris is so unlikeable among the people that actually matter (i.e. more moderate D's that actually vote and donate), that they can't really let her run. So do they go the very uncommon route of having a sitting prez/vice prez both not running for re-election?
A lot is going to depend on the fallout of covid. Will people look back in anger at the lockdowns and all the government intrusion? If so, a candidate like DeSantis will be awfully tough to beat. He’s got enough Trump, but is disciplined and smart, has the Harvard and Yale pedigree. And was smart and tough enough not to follow the crowd on covid and it worked beautifully. He could appeal to an awful lot of people. But I don’t know if he can get an optimistic message and tone. Don’t know him well enough. That’s really what the Rs need.

cncmin

Reaction score
Harris suffers badly from "Democrat Syndrome", which is to publicly cater to minorities at every and all opportunities, and which sours the majority white community. If Democrats want a big tent, they can't have someone with Democrat Syndrome at the head. They will need to find someone else for 2024, Harris is not electable in a general election.

stocker08

Reaction score

We'll see what happens with the democrats in the 2024 election. It's funny.....the right seems ready to push Trump back out there. lol fail.

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
She is a california goofball and will never be taken seriously by the other 49 states.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Harris is not electable in a general election.
You haven't been paying very close attention. When you keep changing the rules, sending the vote counters home before the job is done, work closely with Dominion, you can really get just about anyone elected. Heck, the next time around, they may even pump the number to over 100 million votes

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
A lot is going to depend on the fallout of covid. Will people look back in anger at the lockdowns and all the government intrusion? If so, a candidate like DeSantis will be awfully tough to beat. He’s got enough Trump, but is disciplined and smart, has the Harvard and Yale pedigree. And was smart and tough enough not to follow the crowd on covid and it worked beautifully. He could appeal to an awful lot of people. But I don’t know if he can get an optimistic message and tone. Don’t know him well enough. That’s really what the Rs need.
I’ve seen enough of him to believe that he can win. He’s the unTrump Trump. He’s much smarter about how he takes on the media. He actually comes armed with facts and data, something Trump rarely did.

He’ll attract Trump supporters and establishment Republicans. One of the few that will be able to unify the Republican vote, and won’t be hated by passive voters like Trump was, though the media is trying to poison the public against DeSantis already.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I’ve seen enough of him to believe that he can win. He’s the unTrump Trump. He’s much smarter about how he takes on the media. He actually comes armed with facts and data, something Trump rarely did.

He’ll attract Trump supporters and establishment Republicans. One of the few that will be able to unify the Republican vote, and won’t be hated by passive voters like Trump was, though the media is trying to poison the public against DeSantis already.
I'm not so sure a lot of Trump's policies will be as popular coming from someone who isn't a caricature (or is less of one). The same thing that makes Trump hates also is kind of the reason why he got so popular. It's hard to take your eyes off of him. I would say the same about AOC.

Top Bottom