Kaler: I do continue to believe that Richard Pitino will move our program forward.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Specifically regarding the men’s basketball and football teams, Kaler said: “I always like to look to the future than remember the past in this space. And it is true that those two sports [football and basketball] have not had the success we would like them to have recently. But a lot of the department is doing well, as I mentioned earlier. When you look at what you need to do to move those forward, you need three obvious things: You need facilities for training and practice, you need great athletes and you need great coaches. I believe Tracy Claeys is the right guy for Gopher football right now, I believe they’ve made a lot of progress under Jerry Kill’s leadership and that will continue under Tracy. We look forward to a good season. I think the facilities will help us recruit our athletes and help them compete more effectively.

“On the basketball side I do continue to believe that Richard Pitino will move our program forward. Mark Coyle and his staff are going to pay a lot of attention to that in terms of recruiting and competitiveness. But the thing that I know for sure is that if you don’t want to make progress in a sport, you change your coaches frequently, that’s a recipe for not having success. So we’ve got two people now that I believe deserve a chance to see how they move us forward.”

http://www.startribune.com/eric-kal...152081/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom