K.J. Maye Fielding Punts

Iceland12

Reaction score
Watching B1G Football Pregame on BTN. They just cut to Ryan Field where K.J. Maye was fielding punts. Maybe preview of today's game?

Watching B1G Football Pregame on BTN. They just cut to Ryan Field where K.J. Maye was fielding punts. Maybe preview of today's game?

I saw that too. James, Woli, Myrick, and Hardin were also in line practicing so I wouldn't read too much into it. James was still #1 on the depth chart.

I saw that too. James, Woli, Myrick, and Hardin were also in line practicing so I wouldn't read too much into it. James was still #1 on the depth chart.

True, but what fun is that? :cool:

True, but what fun is that? :cool:

Haha, trust me I'm on board with putting someone else back there. It could happen, the depth chart the staff puts out isn't exactly accurate all the time.

Since its been the same guys fielding punts at every practice and game this year, what does this indicate?

Nothing.

Since its been the same guys fielding punts at every practice and game this year, what does this indicate?

Nothing.

That they could have stuck somebody else back there after the second or third muff? That it's surprising that none of the posters mentioned it with all the posts about how they "didn't have anybody else" to field punts after last week's game? That you didn't get any sleep and you're just being grumpy?

That they could have stuck somebody else back there after the second or third muff?

They did. On James's last fumble KJ Maye was back there with him. The punter kicked away from May towards butter fingers.

That they could have stuck somebody else back there after the second or third muff? That it's surprising that none of the posters mentioned it with all the posts about how they "didn't have anybody else" to field punts after last week's game?

+1

Ssshhhsh! I was on a roll...

Yeah, the punt return issues just are sticking with me because its probably the only time I've actually been mad about Coach Kill's coaching... I've been disappointed before with some of the conservative finishes at half etc, but i was legitimately mad last week when he kept running the same guy back there when he hasn't looked comfortable in 3 weeks. If we were up by 21 I would have been OK with it. But not in a close game. That decision almost lost us that game.

Even the announcer was questioning coach kill's decision when he would announce the punt returner with a ? after his name.

i was still holding out hope Jeff Jones would return punts/kicks for us.

I think Streveler should return punts.

I've been saying that for a while, but I can see why you wouldn't put your #2 quarterback there. If Croft is truly the #2 now, then maybe it's time to try Streveler.

Wouldn't be surprised at some point to see two guys back returning punts today.

Northwestern will be doing something to try to exploit the Gophers PR situation, whether it's the line drive rugby kick or something else

Top Bottom