Just Some Thoughts After Two Games

sidefx182

Reaction score
http://www.stobblog.com/2011/11/fan-in-press-row-gopher-basketball.html

I gotta tell ya, I'm excited about this team. I know our wins haven't been "blow-outs" by any means, but that is fine by me.

I love that we are finishing games and not playing "to not lose". Something it seemed we did a lot of last year.

It seems Tubby was being honest when he talked about wanting to run a lot more than last year. That has been a great thing to see.

What are you most impressed by after 2 games?

Thanks guys!

I gotta tell ya, I'm excited about this team. I know our wins haven't been "blow-outs" by any means, but that is fine by me.

I love that we are finishing games and not playing "to not lose". Something it seemed we did a lot of last year.

It seems Tubby was being honest when he talked about wanting to run a lot more than last year. That has been a great thing to see.

Thanks guys!

That Maliksealy provided a free link to watch games without all-access.:)

I agree, that was awesome. Thanks for finding that. Best part was, it was the same if you would have paid the $10 for a month of all access. That should be the only game that wasn't on TV right?

I agree, that was awesome. Thanks for finding that. Best part was, it was the same if you would have paid the $10 for a month of all access. That should be the only game that wasn't on TV right?[/QUOTE]

I think there are 5 more games on all-access.

They should all be on BTN, PERIOD.:mad:

I agree, that was awesome. Thanks for finding that. Best part was, it was the same if you would have paid the $10 for a month of all access. That should be the only game that wasn't on TV right?[/QUOTE]

I think there are 5 more games on all-access.

They should all be on BTN, PERIOD.:mad:

Yuck really? That sucks. Well hopefully someone provides another link so people can watch them for free.

Thanks guys!

As you see many of the negatives did not respond to your post because they have been really wrong. Purdue wins by 2 points last night. MSU shoots 10% from downtown against UNC (open shot is open shot). Michigan has been really bad in scoring points. Nobody comes here after last night and say that we are getting better other than the usual positive people like you. I stopped listening to that a-hole from Big10 network last night. He kept saying that Trevor is having his points in garbage time. He did not mention that Trevor went to the bench because Tubby changed the game plan and went small for a while. He has the people to do that this year. Austin and joe shut down Wolters. There was so many good points about last night game that one could right a long article. Lets not forget that Mav was great. This team will be very good regardless of what negative people on this board would say. That JA who did an analysis on the Gophers from Big10 was even attacking Tubby yesterday. He was saying that Gophers problem last year was rebounding. I feel like even Myron or Gopher Lady could have done a better job of writing that article. Gophers will improve more and more each game.

Go Gophers

As you see many of the negatives did not respond to your post because they have been really wrong. Purdue wins by 2 points last night. MSU shoots 10% from downtown against UNC (open shot is open shot). Michigan has been really bad in scoring points. Nobody comes here after last night and say that we are getting better other than the usual positive people like you. I stopped listening to that a-hole from Big10 network last night. He kept saying that Trevor is having his points in garbage time. He did not mention that Trevor went to the bench because Tubby changed the game plan and went small for a while. He has the people to do that this year. Austin and joe shut down Wolters. There was so many good points about last night game that one could right a long article. Lets not forget that Mav was great. This team will be very good regardless of what negative people on this board would say. That JA who did an analysis on the Gophers from Big10 was even attacking Tubby yesterday. He was saying that Gophers problem last year was rebounding. I feel like even Myron or Gopher Lady could have done a better job of writing that article. Gophers will improve more and more each game.

Go Gophers

I have to agree with you. A lot of people do come on message boards just to rip teams. I don't like it, but it's true. Sure, it's ok to rip the team when needed, but it doesn't hurt to come on here and be positive once in awhile as well.

But it's kind of like a comment card at a hotel or fast food joint. No one is going to fill it out to say "great job"; they fill it out to say "you suck".

I didn't watch the first game but I know the coach having watched every game he coached at UK. Looks like you guys want to play fast and use your athleticism and depth to wear people down. Rebounding better will help on the run outs. A little better passing in the half court would help. But the team had some good plays spreading out and attacking off the dribble to get some easy dishes for dunks.

Ralph didn't take a lot of shots last night but when teams pack it in like they did last night Ralph will hit that 15 footer consistently. Eventually, Teams will stop giving him that so hopefully he's worked on some ball handling and can create some offense that way. I think he made 3 jumpers and was 5-7 on the night.

Seems like you guys have the ability to turn up the heat pretty good on the press when you need too. I think the offensive and defensive game plans will change depending who you play and how the game is going. Once the new guys get the defensive scheme your half court defense will get better. Love Austin Hollins defense and Rodney's defense.

There's enough talent that the offense will come though it's not bad for as young as the team is in the back court. The pick and roll with mbakwe/rodney is something I would hope to see a lot. Seems RW has more confidence dribbling. He doesn't have to be great at it just good enough to put his superior athletic ability in position to make a play.

I really believe that if we are to make the Tourney this season, we must have a few good perimeter defenders who can also contribute offensively and need to keep TM on the floor for 30+ mpg. Those are the minimum.

It looks like we have perimeter players who can defend. I think they should be able to score against sub-par opponents. Yet, we may have to wait till the conference season to have a real good idea how effectively and consistently they can contribute on the offensive end against solid defense.

The teams we have played so far did not have a frontcourt good enough -- relatively speaking, that is -- to seriously test ours. And, our frontcourt somehow has not performed as well as I expected.

So far, the teams we have played were not versatile offensively and defensively. Their guards mostly did not seem to be able to score in multiple ways, so our defenders could offer the tight man to man. However, that could change when facing more versatile guards. Also, many Big Ten teams are capable of attacking in a more effective way TM with their wings and bigs early and often. So, the man to man we are seeing may not be the main staple once the conference season starts. But, it is definitely more comforting to know that our guards are playing well defensively so far, and we will be able play -- at least better than we did last season -- some Big Ten teams relying heavily on perimeter shooting.

It was not so difficult for us to make some adjustments and catch up with the lesser teams when we got behind. We may not be able to do so against decent Big Ten teams. Nevertheless, I like the poise and intensity I saw when we got behind.

Anyone going to rewatch the game today at 1 on BTN? I think I might just to see if there was anything I missed.

Isn't Sampson leading the team in assists by far? Point guard play, outside shooting, and youth in the backcourt are still question marks.

Top Bottom