Just picked my seats!

HopHead

rank lieutenant
Reaction score
It is human nature to be quick to criticize when things go wrong and slow to praise when things go well so I just wanted to give props to the U of M and the ticket office for making the seat selection process so easy.

I thought the wait to pick my seats was unbearable. No comes the agonizing wait until September 12th. It can't get here soon enough!

Go Gophers! Rah!

Where did you end up? We're picking in about an hour. Looks like section 209 for us!

Where did you end up? We're picking in about an hour. Looks like section 209 for us!

I'm guessing he ended up in the front row on the lower deck goal line home side...I don't remember the section number

I was looking about 30 minutes ago and there were four purple seats right on the railing!!!

Nice view of a lot of Decker touchdowns in the corner there!!!!

We went with the full game day experience over the best view possible. We are in row one of section 246 (last section before the open end). A buddy of mine has the two very end seats and I have the next two.

Pro's:
  • Extra leg room (I hope). I am about 6'3" and my buddy is even taller than me.
  • Nobody on our left. We can stand whenever we want and stretch our legs in the aisle without blocking anybody's view.
  • Great views of the plaza for people watching and pre-game festivities. I'm hoping the band does a pre-pregame concert on the plaza.
  • Easy in and out before and after games with very quick access to the concourse level if weather rolls in.
  • Nobody in front of us to block our views. Ever!

Con's:
  • We are beyond the end zone. I'm hoping our view will let us see plays develop almost like sitting in the end zone seats.
  • Kind of a sharp angle for the big screen. But the panoramic shot actually makes it look pretty decent.

For parking we went with C-88 on the West Bank. A great looking smaller lot with trees, open spaces for throwing a football or frisbee and easy access to the Washington Ave bridge. If weather is bad, we are only a couple of blocks from seven corners. Plus, traffic out after the game should be very light by the time we get to our cars. Check out the satellite views of this lot and it looks just about perfect:
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=44.973861~-93.243579&style=h&lvl=18&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Section 209, Row 23! I can look across the stadium and know that people forked over $1,800 to have the same view from the Gopher side (with a few extra amenities of course!)

I got my seats today too. I'm in a big group of 24 and we opted for Section 148 rows 1-3. We won't have chairbacks and the scoreboard is behind us, but we'll be close to the action and should have decent view. Might be a little hard to see when they are going toward the student section. We decided that those would be great for atmosphere rather than being halfway up the upper deck with seat backs. Does anyone know if I can bring my own bleacher seat in?

Section 244. We are very happy with our seat picks, and we look forward to getting to know the other season ticket holders around us!

After years being near the visitor section and spillover seats, we are excited to be in the middle of Gopher fans and all the excitement they bring to the game (obligatory a bunch of exclamation points to show excitement)

We went with the full game day experience over the best view possible. We are in row one of section 246 (last section before the open end). A buddy of mine has the two very end seats and I have the next two.

Pro's:
  • Extra leg room (I hope). I am about 6'3" and my buddy is even taller than me.
  • Nobody on our left. We can stand whenever we want and stretch our legs in the aisle without blocking anybody's view.
  • Great views of the plaza for people watching and pre-game festivities. I'm hoping the band does a pre-pregame concert on the plaza.
  • Easy in and out before and after games with very quick access to the concourse level if weather rolls in.
  • Nobody in front of us to block our views. Ever!

Con's:
  • We are beyond the end zone. I'm hoping our view will let us see plays develop almost like sitting in the end zone seats.
  • Kind of a sharp angle for the big screen. But the panoramic shot actually makes it look pretty decent.

For parking we went with C-88 on the West Bank. A great looking smaller lot with trees, open spaces for throwing a football or frisbee and easy access to the Washington Ave bridge. If weather is bad, we are only a couple of blocks from seven corners. Plus, traffic out after the game should be very light by the time we get to our cars. Check out the satellite views of this lot and it looks just about perfect:
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=44.973861~-93.243579&style=h&lvl=18&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Another Con, I have noticed in other stadiums these seats can be much colder if the wind is blowing right. Row 1 is a huge plus though, as well as being able to stand.

Another con is your parking spot appears to be in some other universe without TCF bank stadium. Lol.

Another Con, I have noticed in other stadiums these seats can be much colder if the wind is blowing right. Row 1 is a huge plus though, as well as being able to stand.

Another con is your parking spot appears to be in some other universe without TCF bank stadium. Lol.

We had discussions about the weather and being on the open end. Buy my conclusion was that this is outdoor football and I will not let weather dictate my decision. Plus, being that far around should mean that the suites won't totally block out the sun in the afternoon so that should help. I graduated from the University of North Dakota and went there when they stilled played their football games outside. So I have some experience on staying warm in brutal conditions.

As for the parking, I would love to be in the same universe as The Bank, but my checkbook wouldn't allow it. ;)

We had discussions about the weather and being on the open end. Buy my conclusion was that this is outdoor football and I will not let weather dictate my decision. Plus, being that far around should mean that the suites won't totally block out the sun in the afternoon so that should help. I graduated from the University of North Dakota and went there when they stilled played their football games outside. So I have some experience on staying warm in brutal conditions.

As for the parking, I would love to be in the same universe as The Bank, but my checkbook wouldn't allow it. ;)

I was referring to the map. TCF bank does not exist on that map.

If we do not opt for 250 tickets, we wil be parking in the same lot. If you decide not to tailgate, you can stay warm in the Town Hall. MMMMMMMM..... Oatmeal Stout.

I was referring to the map. TCF bank does not exist on that map.

If we do not opt for 250 tickets, we wil be parking in the same lot. If you decide not to tailgate, you can stay warm in the Town Hall. MMMMMMMM..... Oatmeal Stout.

Gotcha about the map. That map must be from some evil, bizarro world where the stadium was never approved.

I hear you about Town Hall. My friend and I occassionally brew our own beer and we are discussing plans for a brewing batch of Lot C-88 Ale for opening day to be shared among all of us lucky enough to be in the "little lot across the river".

Our group has been eyeing this lot almost since Day 1, for all the reasons you mentioned. Plus, the walk to the stadium through campus on a nice fall day will be fantastic. We make our seat selection in about 21 hours, and it looks like we'll get our first (donation-free) choice for tailgating.

I think it's obvious that this lot is destined to be one of the best tailgating spot on campus;). I just found out another friend of mine selected the same one earlier today.

We should get shirts printed up for the Lot C-88 Tailgating Crew! :D

Our group has been eyeing this lot almost since Day 1, for all the reasons you mentioned. Plus, the walk to the stadium through campus on a nice fall day will be fantastic. We make our seat selection in about 21 hours, and it looks like we'll get our first (donation-free) choice for tailgating.

Good luck with that. I thought I had clear sailing for my seat selection too, and found out that things are changing very rapidly!!

I just selected C-88 on the West Bank as well. Should be a great lot for the price. My seats were somewhat disappointing (207, Row 11), but I'm sure they'll be fine.

I just selected C-88 on the West Bank as well. Should be a great lot for the price. My seats were somewhat disappointing (207, Row 11), but I'm sure they'll be fine.

Those are killer seats.... At least I hope they are since we are also 207 row 11.

Good to hear! I think they will be pretty cool, particularly on important goal line situations. I was a little disappointed because I was hoping for lower level chairbacks, but of what was left, I felt these were best. My top choices were quickly snapped up the first two days of this week.

Good luck with that. I thought I had clear sailing for my seat selection too, and found out that things are changing very rapidly!!

We had been hoping for 137, but that filled up last week, so we settled on 135, row 16 today - benches, but a little closer to midfield than we were at the Dome, where we were directly across the aisle from the student section. Now we'll have a little buffer, but it should still be a boisterous area. And we got our tailgating spot, so things worked out well here.

Now to focus on organizing the road trips....

We had been hoping for 137, but that filled up last week, so we settled on 135, row 16 today - benches, but a little closer to midfield than we were at the Dome, where we were directly across the aisle from the student section. Now we'll have a little buffer, but it should still be a boisterous area. And we got our tailgating spot, so things worked out well here.

Now to focus on organizing the road trips....

Those are excellent seats! Our dome seats were in a similar spot and we loved the angle! Much better depth perception than straight on end zone...

Enjoy!

Lot C-86

Agree that this is a great lot and had similar visions for me and Mrs. Billd as a launching point. I've been eyeing it from day 1 and even did a onsite recon.

I've had my fingers crossed as I watched GHolers go for it and the number of available slots dwindle as my time today came up at 1:35 PM.

Today it started with 6 spots and the last one went about 20 minutes before my slot...my guess to someone on GopherHole.

Had to laugh at that and have settled for C-88. It doesn't have the "ambiance" of C-86 but will be fine.

I also reconned C-89 and it will have a unique feel to it for sure. It's "nestled" in a wooded area with old walls/foundations as the backdrop. That would have been my second choice if it were available.

Seat wise, we're in the middle of 212 like several other folks.

That's my Gopher Seat Selection Story and I'm sticking to it.

Overall, very pleased with the process. Kudos to the Athletic Department!

Now the countdown clock that counts is the one for TCF Bank Stadium...can't wait.

Go Gophers!

Picked today. The choice was lower level bleacher or upper level chair back. Went with latter. Section 237.

Same choice I made today. It was either upper 135, lower 236 or very high 237. All choices had good and bad points.

I just picked Sec 237, Row 23 19/20

I preferred the home side looking toward the plaza and main scoreboard and had my mind made up about a chairback. Sec 237 got picked over pretty good the past two days. Feeling may have grabbed a couple I had my eyes on in Row 18.

Picked our seats today (well, more correctly my dad selected the seats, with lots of input). We ended up in Section 243, Row 27, Seats 17 & 18. We like that we're on the back row, so we can stand up/jump up all we like and we're not in the way of anyone. The view should be fantastic, from what I can see on the virtual views...can't wait!

Picked our seats today (well, more correctly my dad selected the seats, with lots of input). We ended up in Section 243, Row 27, Seats 17 & 18. We like that we're on the back row, so we can stand up/jump up all we like and we're not in the way of anyone. The view should be fantastic, from what I can see on the virtual views...can't wait!

Did the same thing only in Sec 212 and like everyone else I can't wait!

Just picked my seats, Section 110, Row 28, Seats 13-16. I decided to bite the bullet and pull the trigger on a once in a lifetime opportunity. Can't wait!

I'm attaching a table from an Excel file that I used to rank my prefs in case it is helpful to others. I eliminated the no-fee and $100 because I wanted a tailgate spot.

Rank Section Side Deck Corner Starts Ends Description Price
1 111 Visitor Lower NE 35 50 Upper Part of Section $770
2 110 Visitor Lower NW 35 50 Upper Part of Section $770
3 240 Home Upper SE 35 50 Lower Part of Section $770
4 241 Home Upper SW 35 50 Lower Part of Section $770
5 211 Visitor Upper NE 35 50 Lower Part of Section $770
6 210 Visitor Upper NW 35 50 Lower Part of Section $770
7 111 Visitor Lower NE 35 50 Middle Part of Section $770
8 110 Visitor Lower NW 35 50 Middle Part of Section $770
11 210 Visitor Upper NW 35 50 Upper Part of Section $520
12 211 Visitor Upper NE 35 50 Upper Part of Section $520
13 209 Visitor Upper NW 20 35 Middle Part of Section $520