Just my opinion---Henderson

Doc1001

Reaction score
I would say our chances of getting Seantrel Henderson are about one chance in a hundred. I am not expecting him to go with us. I have followed gopher recruiting for over 40 years and we so very often lose the real big ones---i.e. Floyd last year just one example. But my feeling mainly stems from my intuition that says he is a star chaser. Some guys just need to sign with a big name team. He has all the earmarks of being such a guy. He has stars in his eyes.Willie Mobley had the same disease. If he would sign with the gophers i would be absolutely stunned. I guess my gopher experience has jaded me. I have set my self up not to be disappointed if he doesnt come. Wouldnt a shock be nice. Cant get excitied with a one in a hundred chance-----all my opinion of course.

" Its more like one in a million"................"SO YOUR SAYIN THERES A CHANCE!!!!!!!"

I would say that 99 out of a 100 Gopher fans (including me) share your opinion.

I would say that 99 out of a 100 Gopher fans (including me) share your opinion.

Second that. The best I hope for with that type of player is that Brewster doesn't lose them to another Big Ten school, especially Wisconsin or Iowa.

In his visits, it is interesting how a few of them do have USC involved as the visiting team. Gut feeling USC is the only high on his list and all the rest are also ran with MN being there out of courtesy to the home school.

I would say our chances of getting Seantrel Henderson are about one chance in a hundred. I am not expecting him to go with us. I have followed gopher recruiting for over 40 years and we so very often lose the real big ones---i.e. Floyd last year just one example. But my feeling mainly stems from my intuition that says he is a star chaser. Some guys just need to sign with a big name team. He has all the earmarks of being such a guy. He has stars in his eyes.Willie Mobley had the same disease. If he would sign with the gophers i would be absolutely stunned. I guess my gopher experience has jaded me. I have set my self up not to be disappointed if he doesnt come. Wouldnt a shock be nice. Cant get excitied with a one in a hundred chance-----all my opinion of course.

I think we should completely give up trying to land him.

And drop the football team.

And tear down The Bank.

All that time that he spent in the Gopher locker room last week should be stricken from the record, it never happened.

And you GopherProf

are sarcastic again because?

And this needed its own thread because.......

For someone who's in charge of a particular part of this website (Isn't it recruiting?) you'd think there would be a little more thought and professionalism used prior to posting garbage like this.

For someone who's in charge of a particular part of this website (Isn't it recruiting?) you'd think there would be a little more thought and professionalism used prior to posting garbage like this.

a grad student passing himself off as a professor? professionalism went out the door long ago with this guy.

I think the top player/s in Minnesota every year gets a prima donna complex because they're so 'head and shoulders' over the general football population. If they grew up in Texas or Florida where there's at least a hundred other kids just as good as they are and a hundred fifty more that are close they would be a bit more humble.

a grad student passing himself off as a professor? professionalism went out the door long ago with this guy.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

We have about 10 new threads a day which usually make absolutely no sense, or say something that everyone in the world already knows. Maybe it's unprofessional to get sarcastic about it, but it's just unneccesary clutter.

It would be nice to have a few mods around here, but on a personal level I apologize to Doc because he seems like a nice guy.

Maybe he will stay, maybe he won't. No one really knows.

What we do know is:
-LT spot open (immediate playing time)
-friends on both the football team and basketball team
-oppurtunity to play Big Ten basketball
-family close by
-Brewster has had three years attempting to develop a relationship

So with all that in mind, I think our chances are alot better than most people give us credit for.

Like I said earlier, he either will or won't. Unfortunately, it seems as though no one is going to know until February.

Gopherprof...

Perhaps you can apply to be a mod? In most message boards, the mods exist to police the language, bickering, etc. But, you could revolutionize the role. You could use your mod powers to delete all the threads you personally are not interested in. There are a lot of threads on EVERY message board I visit that I find boring or unrelated to my interests. You certainly don't have to follow my lead but I have found it works pretty well to not comment and move on to other threads when I find one that I don't care about. If someone posts something that you feel strongly is incorrect, instead of saying "You have no idea what you are talking about", try saying something like "I disagree because...". I'd also add that in my opinion that wasn't much of an apology when in the same breath you hint that there should be someone there to delete the guy's thread because it is "unneccesary clutter".

I have enjoyed many of your comments related to recruiting. You have offered some very interesting takes. Unfortunately I have also seen a lot of the other side... sniping and slamming, as well as sarcastically dismissing stuff you don't care about or disagree with.

Gopherprof...

Perhaps you can apply to be a mod? In most message boards, the mods exist to police the language, bickering, etc. But, you could revolutionize the role. You could use your mod powers to delete all the threads you personally are not interested in. There are a lot of threads on EVERY message board I visit that I find boring or unrelated to my interests. You certainly don't have to follow my lead but I have found it works pretty well to not comment and move on to other threads when I find one that I don't care about. If someone posts something that you feel strongly is incorrect, instead of saying "You have no idea what you are talking about", try saying something like "I disagree because...". I'd also add that in my opinion that wasn't much of an apology when in the same breath you hint that there should be someone there to delete the guy's thread because it is "unneccesary clutter".

I have enjoyed many of your comments related to recruiting. You have offered some very interesting takes. Unfortunately I have also seen a lot of the other side... sniping and slamming, as well as sarcastically dismissing stuff you don't care about or disagree with.
Something ironic about your post.

I said on a personal level I apologize to doc, he messaged me and was very classy about it. That doesn't mean I still don't think there should be some standards in terms of starting a new thread, it just means I shouldn't have been sarcastic with someone who didn't personally insult me, which I recognize. A lot of boards delete threads for the same reasons listed above, particularly those that increase in traffic. That's not exactly revolutionary.

Anyway, now I'm off-topic and doing the exact same thing. I'm fine with people taking personal issue with me, but it would probably benefit everyone to do it through PM.

In his visits, it is interesting how a few of them do have USC involved as the visiting team. Gut feeling USC is only high on his list and all the rest are also ran with MN being there out of courtesy to the home school.

I would object to characterizing his interest in Minnesota "a courtesy". I think he's pretty certain that he's going to end up at USC, but wants to keep his options open. Not relocating, and being the hometown hero has to have some appeal. Even if he's 95% sure he wants to leave Minnesota (which is awfully sure), that still leaves Minnesta a 5% chance. And that's a lot better than most schools who have offered him.

Based on his comments, rivals should have put USC at "high" with all others at "low" a year ago. He practically committed the day USC offered him.

Thanks GopherProf

and lets hope Henderson proves me wrong.

All anyone really knows is that we're in his top six. Everything else is speculation. Let's not try to pass our opinions off as fact.

Bad threads die their own quick death. If they survive their alive.

This is just my opinion but from my observations I think Seantrel is less of a "star chaser" than is popularly believed. However, his father gives all the signs of being that way. I think his father's words/opinions are generally interepreted by fans as being Seantrel's opinions but I've noticed a difference when Seantrel does interviews and when his dad does interviews. I personally believe Seantrel has legitimate interest in Minnesota. The question remains how much his father influences the decision because I think its clear his father's interest is sending Seantrel to the school that he thinks best prepares him for the NFL (that doesn't appear to be Minnesota in his father's mind).

I still think the line "USC and schools of that caliber best prepare you for the NFL is a load of crap. There are TONS of players in the NFL that come from the FCS and Division II schools. Seems like Joe Flacco is doing ok.

the Gophers have never been a hindrance. Maroney was a first round pick wasn't he. The pros spend a lot of money researching players so they don't miss anyone.

If Sentrel is thinking about the pro's, he will stand out more at MN and I think, given the improved athleticism at MN that he could actually improve his status by being at MN.

Maybe we will catch a break and the Notre Dame/USC game will be a sloppy eyesoar ending with Notre Lame and Charlie Wuss coming out on top.

While I too, think it is a long shot, when I was tailgating at the Purdue game, several "supposed alumni in the know" were very confident that he may be a Gopher. They were stating that he really likes Tubby, and wanted to play basketball too. I checked it out and saw he was a two star for hoops.

I didn't want to start a new thread because it may be a bunch of BS, but wondering if anyone had heard this. Sorry if this has been discussed before. Heck, I'm just a noob here.

Top Bottom