Just For Shits & Giggles

Think we’ll win or lose in this Rutgers championship week?

• W

• L

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Think we’ll win?

What if we lose to Rutgers on Saturday? What will your thoughts be for rest of the season? What of our team? Just another “changing our best”?

I truly think it’s a toss up game. If we win, I’m not surprised. If we lose, I’m not surprised. 4-4 sounds like a nice even set of numbers and it’s balanced.

We're 14 point favorites. We're not losing so calm down
C’mon those don’t count! PSU was only a -4.5 favorite and look what happened!? We were -7 favorite with ILL and look what happened?!

Weren’t we like -45 points favorite against Bowling Green? We lose so randomly…I would not count Rutgers out. Our Gophers are VERY unreliable to “our” expectations.

If no strategy to beat Rutgers' blitzes, we could well lose. If we install and practice an executable strategy to "counter-punch" Rutgers' blitzes at their weak spot, we should win. It's really on the coaches to prepare our offense with plays to use to beat a blitzfest. We were not prepared last week to meaningfully counter PSU's blitzing and jumping around pre-snap. If our only blitz response strategy is to predictably run Mo inside 35 times, advantage Rutgers.

C’mon those don’t count! PSU was only a -4.5 favorite and look what happened!? We were -7 favorite with ILL and look what happened?!

Weren’t we like -45 points favorite against Bowling Green? We lose so randomly…I would not count Rutgers out. Our Gophers are VERY unreliable to “our” expectations.
I used to trap gophers as a kid, and they are very devious, sneaky and hard to predict. Oh for a predictable pocket gopher!

If no strategy to beat Rutgers' blitzes, we could well lose. If we install and practice an executable strategy to "counter-punch" Rutgers' blitzes at their weak spot, we should win. It's really on the coaches to prepare our offense with plays to use to beat a blitzfest. We were not prepared last week to meaningfully counter PSU's blitzing and jumping around pre-snap. If our only blitz response strategy is to predictably run Mo inside 35 times, advantage Rutgers.
I'm not sure they could muster enough of a pass rush in practice to mimic a Rutgers blitz.

Live by the blitz, die by the blitz. Blitzing is obviously a far higher risk strategy in that depending upon how many players are blitzing, an equal number of receivers downfield will be facing one on one coverage. That presents clear opportunities for an offense to create big plays provided they can take advantage of that, but given our issues along the offensive line and at wide receiver along with the murky situation at quarterback, can we? Anything is possible, but I don't believe we've really shown the ability to do so yet.

I say screw it, we've lost three in a row, so just go for it against what is presumably a lesser team. If they want to blitz, great. Bring it, and let's see what we can do to exploit that.

We're 14 point favorites. We're not losing so calm down
I hope this is right. But I am worried again. I said the same thing before the Purdue game and somebody here encouraged me to calm down. I have been a Gopher fan for many years. I am never calm. Not even with a 4 TD lead with under 6 minutes to play vs Eastern Michigan.

I hope this is right. But I am worried again. I said the same thing before the Purdue game and somebody here encouraged me to calm down. I have been a Gopher fan for many years. I am never calm. Not even with a 4 TD lead with under 6 minutes to play vs Eastern Michigan.
Yes. You are indeed a long time Gopher fan. We have suffered much. With that said, I am cautiously optimistic.

I’m definitely going to the Michigan game at the Bank! Maybe it’ll even be Homecoming also!!

Of they lose this game the gopher hole site might crash due to negativity

My season tickets are the thing keeping me engaged at this point.
I think we beat Rutgers but I think every game the rest of the way is 50/50 at best. I think we drop the WI game.

Yes, the players need to execute better.

But the coaches have to put the players in a situation where they have the highest possibility of success and the lowest possibility of failure.

Try something different! screens, draws, wheel routes, swing passes to the RB's.

Try something different.

what do you have to lose?

Top Bottom