Just a thought about current recruiting

calminnfan

Reaction score
Since Brew and crew do not seem to be bringing in other recruits at DB, they must feel or believe they have a commit or two out of the current ones they are recruiting. It just seems odd that there is not a lot of chatter on the boards concerning new names at any position. Maybe a good sign toward a silent verbal or at least they know they are in a primary position with some players, such as Paige and Carter.

There's about 5 DBs on our radar and they only need 2 or 3 more so I think they're fine

DB's

Since Brew and crew do not seem to be bringing in other recruits at DB, they must feel or believe they have a commit or two out of the current ones they are recruiting. It just seems odd that there is not a lot of chatter on the boards concerning new names at any position. Maybe a good sign toward a silent verbal or at least they know they are in a primary position with some players, such as Paige and Carter.

I personally feel really good about locking up Watkins this week when Brewster, Lee, and Roof visit him in Detroit. That is the second time the Gophers will be there since Thanksgiving.

I think there is also a good chance that we get Taikwon Paige to commit next weekend when he comes for his visit. It appears that they were targeting two Juco defensive backs the entire time and they really haven't wavered from those two being Robinson and Paige (Anthony Leon is an OLB recruit).

I personally do not believe that we have a silent verbal from Michael Carter. His actions, particularly setting up a visit to Florida, don't seem to indicate that he is committed to coming here yet. We are going to be one of three finalists (Florida, Minnesota, West Viriginia) and I'm not afraid of WVU. If we don't get a commit from Carter we have Turmour Battle waiting for an offer and ready to commit so I think that is why they are not going after additional CB recruits.

If we fail on Watkins or Paige, Frank Crawford is still uncommitted. We haven't heard his name in a while but he took an official for the FAU game and he is supposed to go to Ole Miss sometime soon. When I last read his thoughts he hadn't eliminated Minnesota. Just because we haven't been talking about him on the boards doesn't mean the coaches haven't been calling him frequently. One reason there is no chatter on him is that he got hurt and missed most of the season and I don't think he has taken an official visit since Minnesota. This combination doesn't give the recruiting services much to write about.

Top Bottom