Just a guess...athlete/QB Robert who decommittmented from Arkansas

Reaction score
visited Minnesota in December and visited Purdue last weekend. Purdue has committments from 3 QB, plus Marvey got a 6th year approved. Purdue also has committments from 4 WR's. The consensus is Gregory would be moved to WR regarding both Minnesota and Purdue. Gregory still has Minnesota "High" on his list with Purdue " Medium" according to the grid on the Purdue site "Black and Gold" Gregory won't decide until Feb 1st. It looks like now Andre M. won't decide until Feb.1st. Just a guess....Andre( 4****) to UCLA. Gregory(3***) to Minnesota.

But have either given a school a "silent verbal?" Always love that contradiction in terms.

Would love to have either of these guys and ideally both.

If we could round out the class with gregory mcdonald and johnson, then grey shirt duke... id be happy....

If we could round out the class with gregory mcdonald and johnson, then grey shirt duke... id be happy....

I'd take Pedro Sibiea over Johnson (if you're talking about Roland Johnson), but I'm with you all the way on McDonald and Gregory.

I'm going to declickmittment my way outta this thread.

I'd take Pedro Sibiea over Johnson (if you're talking about Roland Johnson), but I'm with you all the way on McDonald and Gregory.

i havent been watching to much tape of sibiea... iv seen more of johnson and like what he could bring.. if sibiea is a better/ solid prospect im on board with him as well

Any word on Gregory's possible derecommitmenticidestravaganza?

Any word on Gregory's possible derecommitmenticidestravaganza?

I don't think we'll know til the end. Sounds like he wants to be a QB but our coaches were upfront about him probably being a WR. I think Purdue is looking at him as a QB so it may tilt things in their direction. Sounds like it's between us and Purdue. With how we've been going after WR's late and with Andre possibly/probably coming here we may be moving on? That said, I'm sure we'd find a way to make room.

I don't think we'll know til the end. Sounds like he wants to be a QB but our coaches were upfront about him probably being a WR. I think Purdue is looking at him as a QB so it may tilt things in their direction. Sounds like it's between us and Purdue. With how we've been going after WR's late and with Andre possibly/probably coming here we may be moving on? That said, I'm sure we'd find a way to make room.

Cool. I was really just looking for an excuse to make fun of Ruppert for using the word "decommitmented".

Looks like Gregory committed according to GI! Now they took it down don't know what that was about.

Looks like Gregory committed according to GI! Now they took it down don't know what that was about.
The tweet I saw simply says he is ready to sign. The four options (Kansas, Purdue, Arkansas, Minnesota).

His rivals profile has been updated to include Kansas, and Arkansas (and the Gophers) as high interest. Purdue still at medium with no offer.

He has only visited Minnesota and Purdue, but he lists 'high' on MN, Kansas and Arkansas. I'm guessing the GI article didn't reveal anything more or the title would have stated his choice.

He has only visited Minnesota and Purdue, but he lists 'high' on MN, Kansas and Arkansas. I'm guessing the GI article didn't reveal anything more or the title would have stated his choice.
That's interesting, Rivals had just Minnesota and Purdue as 'high' just a couple days ago.

That's interesting, Rivals had just Minnesota and Purdue as 'high' just a couple days ago.

Weis just took over at Kansas and we need to think back to Brewster's approach in his first month at Minnesota. He was all over guys who had yet to commit or were viewed as wobbly in their commitment and Weis probably doing the same. My guess is Weis sensed he had a shot at Gregory and has been giving him the hard-sell and it might work.

Weis just took over at Kansas and we need to think back to Brewster's approach in his first month at Minnesota. He was all over guys who had yet to commit or were viewed as wobbly in their commitment and Weis probably doing the same. My guess is Weis sensed he had a shot at Gregory and has been giving him the hard-sell and it might work.

Something smells like Kansas manure. :pig:

Looks like MinnesotaBoiler knows his stuff and shows once again that Rivals and company don't know everything.

Good luck to Gregory. Looks like a player.

well that's not a good sign

It's OK, we will be bringing in 4 WRs in this class, we'd like to be able to offer as many as we want but we have other positions of need. He was intent on playing QB, you never know how hard a kid would work at excelling at a position he doesn't want to play.

We also had to pull Charlie Millers offer because of space at WR, I doubt the coaches are considering it a big loss (Gregory), we have too many other positions to recruit.

It's OK, we will be bringing in 4 WRs in this class, we'd like to be able to offer as many as we want but we have other positions of need. He was intent on playing QB, you never know how hard a kid would work at excelling at a position he doesn't want to play.

We also had to pull Charlie Millers offer because of space at WR, I doubt the coaches are considering it a big loss (Gregory), we have too many other positions to recruit.
I meant that isn't a good sign of him coming here, not that it isn't a good sign of our recruiting

Surprised he would pick Purdue after all that. I wonder if academics or some other factor kept him from here. He visited both schools and it appeared he preferred us afterwards.

I'm only seeing Fruechte and Harbison at this point. Are you counting Anyanwu and Maye as WRs?

Surprised he would pick Purdue after all that. I wonder if academics or some other factor kept him from here. He visited both schools and it appeared he preferred us afterwards.

LOL! If academics are keeping him from attending the U then he will certainly have the same issues at Purdue.

Purdue is a better school than the U. I think the main reason he didn't commit is because we already have the #2 pro-style quarterback as well as a 3* QB already committed.

Top Bottom