July Bracketology: Gophers a 5 seed vs Vandy/FSU play-in game winner

We got a #5 seed last year. And some didn't know if we deserved it? Well, if all we get this year is a #5 seed, my guess is most will think we got screwed royally. Just no way we aren't better than we were last year.

We got a #5 seed last year. And some didn't know if we deserved it? Well, if all we get this year is a #5 seed, my guess is most will think we got screwed royally. Just no way we aren't better than we were last year.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe the BIG will go 2 years in a row with 2 or fewer top 4 seeds in the tournament. From this bracket it looks like he expects Miami to win that ACC/BIG challenge game. If we win, it's hard to see Miami being 2 seeds higher when we're both projected here to be #3 in our respective conferences (by seed).

A 5 seed would be awful! I'd rather be the 6 seed.

5 sounds about right.

I'd set the over-under for Gophers NCAA tourney seed at 5.5. If things go well capable of a 3 or 4, but if underachieve at all taking the under dangerous.

Could see this team getting a 6 or 7 seed but being a better team overall than last year. Non conference schedule is tougher and the Big Ten slate is never forgiving. Some of those bounces that went our way last season (i.e the Indiana and Iowa games) might not go our way this time. That can certainly be the difference between a seed or two.

Could see this team getting a 6 or 7 seed but being a better team overall than last year. Non conference schedule is tougher and the Big Ten slate is never forgiving. Some of those bounces that went our way last season (i.e the Indiana and Iowa games) might not go our way this time. That can certainly be the difference between a seed or two.

Fair point on Indiana and Iowa games. But we were also jobbed against Wisconsin, should have beaten Sparty, etc. It came out about even for once, which for MN sports is a win.

I'd sign up now to be a 4/5 seed. And hopefully avoid a team that's underseeded that's placed on the 12 line in the 1st round. MTSU was pretty clearly the best 12 seed. I honestly think there is a pretty sizable best/worst case scenario for this team(but I am the ever pessimist when it comes to Gophers basketball). I could see us being as high as a 2 seed or as low as a 9/10 seed. I think we'll be better than last year, but there's more potential for losses in the non conference, and all the while saying that, I think our OOC SoS will be worse next year(do to simply having more awful games, that won't balance out the better games we play)

I think we're probably an 11/12 win team in the B1G, and hope we can get to 10 conference wins OOC. We'd enter the B1G Tournament with 21 or 22 wins, which should at worst put us on the 6 line.

I thought the bounces evened out in the end. We pissed away the Sparty game at home and Penn State on the road. The Wisconsin game at the Barn along with the Maryland home game could've gone either way as well. As could IU, Iowa games you mentioned and the home games Michigan and away games at NW and Purdue. We got our fair share both ways

Top Bottom