Judd Zulgad: Why is there now a feeling Minnesota won't get to nine victories?

Keys to successful season:
1. Keep Floyd
2. Retrieve Axe
3. Keep Jug (we would keep it awhile as Michigan drops off schedule next year)
4. Keep Bits of Broken Chair

I'd take 7 wins if we could achieve those four things! But I'd like to see us beat Purdue and Illinois and get 9. NW is icing!

The Northwestern, Iowa and Michigan games look A LOT harder now than they did before the season started. Nebraska looks a little easier. I felt like going into the season that we needed to win all 4 of those to get to 9 wins because I didn't like our chances vs. TCU, Wiscy and OSU. Either win 3 of those and a bowl or all 4.

Always look look to Judd for insight on Gophers football. This week I learned what a break the Gophers caught when the ref flagged the Ohio kicker for delay of game since he drilled the 53 yarder after the whistle and would likely have done so again after the timeout. Also lucky that Solich didn't try to kick the 58 yard field goal, since the Ohio kicker would have probably made that, too. :rolleyes:

I know our Gophers haven't lit the world on fire, but who exactly are we supposed to be so terrified of? OSU has looked down from what they were last year as well. Teams start slow.

We saw it happen last year as well, just scooting by the likes of San Jose State and Middle Tennessee State. This staff isn't here to blow anybody away in the non conference season. They aren't looking for style points, no matter how crazy that drives some of us. Now is the time of year they start to turn it on. Now is when they will do whatever it takes to win the next game. Now's when the true black and blue matchups start. Just sit back, enjoy the games, and let Kill and company work their magic. We will win games we aren't supposed to win, and we may lose games we aren't supposed to lose. That's the beauty of college football. You never know what will happen on any given Saturday.

Always look look to Judd for insight on Gophers football. This week I learned what a break the Gophers caught when the ref flagged the Ohio kicker for delay of game since he drilled the 53 yarder after the whistle and would likely have done so again after the timeout. Also lucky that Solich didn't try to kick the 58 yard field goal, since the Ohio kicker would have probably made that, too. :rolleyes:

"Drilling" meaning "shanking it 20 yards left and 10 yards short" or "good"? I'm confused on what "drilling" means now.

FYI, weren't we in the same state of mind one year ago? The chicken Littles were all hoping for 6-6.

Keys to successful season:
1. Keep Floyd
2. Retrieve Axe
3. Keep Jug (we would keep it awhile as Michigan drops off schedule next year)
4. Keep Bits of Broken Chair

I'd take 7 wins if we could achieve those four things! But I'd like to see us beat Purdue and Illinois and get 9. NW is icing!

While I can't disagree with you, I'll go out on a limb and predict that if we're good enough to beat Iowa, Wisky, Michigan, and Nebraska in the same season, we won't lose all three to NW, Purdue, and Illinois.

We were never going to win 9 regular season games with OSU and TCU on the schedule.

If we get healthy and if we beat NW, I still think we can get to 8. It would take winning 3 of 4 against NW, Purdue, Neb, and Michigan; then 2 of 4 @OSU, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisky.

We were never going to win 9 regular season games with OSU and TCU on the schedule.

If we get healthy and if we beat NW, I still think we can get to 8. It would take winning 3 of 4 against NW, Purdue, Neb, and Michigan; then 2 of 4 @OSU, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisky.

I definitely think the Illinois game will be easier than Purdue...just based on home vs away. Not attacking you, but I've seen several people seem to lump Illinois into a group of 'tougher' games and Purdue with 'more winnable.' I will never fear Illinois at home.

If we are going to win the west, like many including myself thought we could, winning 9 games is a must.

A lot of talking heads predicted us to win the west. A ton of people on this board (including myself) predicted we would win the west. Pretty much by definition, we are then predicting 6 or 7 wins. Nobody who thought we'd win the division actually thought we would do it going 5-3 did they? There is no way Wisconsin is losing 3 games.

9 wins was the expectation for a ton of people. 9 wins is also the team goal considering they've said repeatedly that they want to win the west. It's not just Judd.

I was very confident in 9 wins before the year and still would be pretty confident in 8 or 9 wins if it weren't for the sheer amount of injuries we've had. I think the amount of injuries Minnesota has suffered will bring them back to 6 or 7 wins.

Most of us will blame sonnygarcia's inability to stop hating and wishing for the team to fail.
But, we'll be wrong. Your miserable attitude doesn't matter to any of this, only makes you wallow in your misery. I feel bad for you, sonny. You're so focused on your hate, there is no outcome that will make you happy. What an awful place to be.

per Judd:

we might know less about this team than we did when the season began

This is my all-time Judd favorite. Judd is either the slowest-thinking sports fan in history, or he really doesn't get it.

I mean almost every show I listen to, he says this about almost every team they talk about.

"I can't figure this team out"
"We don't know much about this team"
"We'll know more about this team in a few weeks"
"We know less now than we did before"

Basically, almost every time I listen to his show, he admits he doesn't know much. It is weird.

Seriously, he can't figure this out? What do we know less about? When the season started, EVERYONE said this team would be good on defense and poor on offense, and that's EXACTLY what we have. What does he mean we know less now? If anything, this team has CONFIRMED what we knew early.

Of course injuries have left some questions, but Judd apparently didn't take into account those might happen to a football team.

This is my all-time Judd favorite. Judd is either the slowest-thinking sports fan in history, or he really doesn't get it.

I mean almost every show I listen to, he says this about almost every team they talk about.

Basically, almost every time I listen to his show, he admits he doesn't know much. It is weird.

Seriously, he can't figure this out? What do we know less about? When the season started, EVERYONE said this team would be good on defense and poor on offense, and that's EXACTLY what we have. What does he mean we know less now? If anything, this team has CONFIRMED what we knew early.

Of course injuries have left some questions, but Judd apparently didn't take into account those might happen to a football team.
Imagine a panel of Judd, Meatsauce and Sid. Throw in Mike Max and you've got a heck of a night on the Sports show

Or both. But his impersonations are so great.:rolleyes:

That show has gotten so bad.

When the season started, EVERYONE said this team would be good on defense and poor on offense, and that's EXACTLY what we have.

Actually, I never expected us to be "poor" offensively. I expected Mitch to show improvement and to me, he has. With all of the young skill players, combined with replacing stalwarts Cobb and Williams, I figured there might be some early growing pains. The coaches saw talent on the practice field and translating it to the game is beginning to happen.

Imagine a panel of Judd, Meatsauce and Sid. Throw in Mike Max and you've got a heck of a night on the Sports show

I boycott both Judd and Meatsauce's shows. Listening to them try and actually analyze sports is just simply painful. Not saying anything about them as people or as men, but their sports knowledge is absolutely horrendous and almost embarrassing. At least Judd tries, but Meatsauce is nothing more than a bit that will get old within the next couple of years.

Top Bottom