Judd and Phunn are talking Gophers right now on 1500

PA opened his show with Gophers and has done 2 segments on Gophers already

Can't stand PA for more than 5 minutes at a time.

PA talking gophers

now that is funny! How many subtle shots did he take at the gophers while trying to interject the vikings in every other sentence. 1500 has Leslie Frazier and PA has Erin Henderson, I'll go with Frazier. Judd & Phunn have been good so far.

now that is funny! How many subtle shots did he take at the gophers while trying to interject the vikings in every other sentence. 1500 has Leslie Frazier and PA has Erin Henderson, I'll go with Frazier. Judd & Phunn have been good so far.

I agree, so far so good.

I liked PA when he had a sidekick to balance out his stupid bit, but going solo get quite annoying fast.

I've been listening to Reusse and his sidekick on 1500 12-3 for quite awhile and it is 19 times better than anything I've ever heard on kfan. I realize not many here like Reusse.

I've been listening to Reusse and his sidekick on 1500 12-3 for quite awhile and it is 19 times better than anything I've ever heard on kfan. I realize not many here like Reusse.
I think Reusse comes off better on the radio than in print.

I think Reusse comes off better on the radio than in print.
If you can get past his not-for-radio voice the substance is pretty good, he knows a lot and has been around the block a lot with local sports.

If you can get past his not-for-radio voice the substance is pretty good, he knows a lot and has been around the block a lot with local sports.
Yeah, his grammar and voice are not very good on the radio but he's actually kinda funny and has good takes. Not nearly as negative sounding on air.

PA is an NFL guy.. Always has been and always will be. There's no doubt he'll inject Vikings and NFL when he can because it's what he knows. I'm just glad he's actually taking the time and effort to learn and get college football. He's been put in his place multiple times with his Gophers take (he wanted Shortell to start ASAP) and is willing to listen to the college football rubes.

That said, I like his bit. Nothing wrong with his silly humor (sometimes he comes up with some good stuff) and his homerism (better than anything Reusse ever cooks up).

PA is an NFL guy.. Always has been and always will be. There's no doubt he'll inject Vikings and NFL when he can because it's what he knows. I'm just glad he's actually taking the time and effort to learn and get college football. He's been put in his place multiple times with his Gophers take (he wanted Shortell to start ASAP) and is willing to listen to the college football rubes.

That said, I like his bit. Nothing wrong with his silly humor (sometimes he comes up with some good stuff) and his homerism (better than anything Reusse ever cooks up).

I listen to PA on Fridays and Mondays during Vikings seasons mostly because I like his takes most of the time on the Vikings. I just can't take a whole show when he's not talking primarily Vikings. The bit isn't funny, IMO.

Yeah, his grammar and voice are not very good on the radio but he's actually kinda funny and has good takes. Not nearly as negative sounding on air.

PA and Reusse could have a "not for radio" voice contest that would go into extra innings. Allen is a sharp enough guy and the uber-homer that is the hallmark of modern sports radio, but his voice drives me up a frickin' wall. There's a picture of PA in the dictionary next to the word "shrill."

PA and Reusse could have a "not for radio" voice contest that would go into extra innings. Allen is a sharp enough guy and the uber-homer that is the hallmark of modern sports radio, but his voice drives me up a frickin' wall. There's a picture of PA in the dictionary next to the word "shrill."

The voice does not bother me much (PA that is), but I feel like I'm listening to some 14 year old running a radio show with all the stupidity that is his bit. The whole thing just seems very contrived.

Top Bottom