Journal Sentinel: Badgers have been consistently better than Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Journal Sentinel:

"Once you have a culture established and a way of doing things entrenched," Gard said, "I'm not going to say it makes it easier. But you have a blueprint in place, a plan in place and a path to follow.

"And when the older guys have gone through it and understand what success is about and how to get there I think it helps navigate the path for the younger guys."

UW has regrouped after Ryan's retirement 12 games into the season and flourished under Gard and his staff.

"I think the biggest thing that has helped us this year," Gard said, "is that our older guys for the most part understood what that culture was about.

"How to get there was another story. And handling adversity was another story. Our older guys hadn't been through much."

Minnesota, which has victories over lowly Rutgers (6-23, 0-16) and Maryland (23-6, 11-5), has struggled to successfully navigate through the adversity it has faced this season.

Third-year coach Richard Pitino is 16-36 in Big Ten play and 51-48 overall with the Gophers. Lately he has been spending more time doling out discipline than devising winning game plans.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badg...more-than-a-decade-b99678706z1-370664401.html

Go Gophers!!

That might be the most Captain Obvious headline I've ever seen from a newspaper.

Wisconsin has been better than us?

Bold take.

What should the headline read?
It was just an article contrasting programs that are going to play tomorrow.
Try not to be too sensitive or quick to take offense.
This has been a difficult season for all the fans.

No one is sensitive in this thread. No one is taking offense to the title. They are just pointing out that it was an obvious thesis.

Go Gophers!!

Notice you didn't identify yourself as a fan so WTF are you doing here?

Easy now. I wasn't offended. I found it amusing.

The writer probably graduated form Wisconsin so this is the best he could do for a headline.

per the Journal Sentinel:

"Once you have a culture established and a way of doing things entrenched," Gard said, "I'm not going to say it makes it easier. But you have a blueprint in place, a plan in place and a path to follow.

"And when the older guys have gone through it and understand what success is about and how to get there I think it helps navigate the path for the younger guys."

UW has regrouped after Ryan's retirement 12 games into the season and flourished under Gard and his staff.

"I think the biggest thing that has helped us this year," Gard said, "is that our older guys for the most part understood what that culture was about.

"How to get there was another story. And handling adversity was another story. Our older guys hadn't been through much."

Minnesota, which has victories over lowly Rutgers (6-23, 0-16) and Maryland (23-6, 11-5), has struggled to successfully navigate through the adversity it has faced this season.

Third-year coach Richard Pitino is 16-36 in Big Ten play and 51-48 overall with the Gophers. Lately he has been spending more time doling out discipline than devising winning game plans.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badg...more-than-a-decade-b99678706z1-370664401.html

Go Gophers!!

Whats the next earth shattering story? "Harlem Globetrotters have been-consistently-better-than-the Washington Generals-for-more-than-five-decades"?
Most rational people on this board know where we stand now and how we fit in historically, and despite the umm...occasional setbacks (hows that for a understatement) we remain fans regardless. What I really want right now is some additional lecturing from some of our neighbors to the East. Right.

Top Bottom