Joseph enjoys visit, says fball game was crazy, says Tubby is unbelievable coach

The chants worked, mission accomplished! Job well done, gentlemen.

First we let you use the football team's colors, and now this.

You're welcome!

"Style of play" worries me.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the article. But Tubby, as every coach in the history of history, does talk a lot about pushing the ball in transition.

I don't know, I think Tubby does try to push the ball, we just need more makes on offense to push the ball more. Our lack of shooting (particularly at the point, and the way that allowed opponents to defend the position, but also at other positions) hurt our offense a lot last year.

Tubby wants to play at a good pace, but he also wants to take good shots, and with fewer offensive weapons last year, it was harder to work our way to a good shot. Having Royce should help, having Devoe playing off the ball should help, having a PG who is an offensive threat should help, and having our freshman centers a year older, a year stronger and a year more developed should help too.

And with more makes, we can press more easily.

So no, I don't think Tubby's style contrasts with Cory's at all, we were just a little limited last year after losing all of our scorers the year earlier, and our older players last year were all lacking in offense last year. That will change quite a bit this year, and by 2010-11 I expect us to be a very good offensive team as well as defensive one.

I don't think Tubby's style of play should affect his decision. He may, though, have a problem with the Big Ten style of play. I don't know Cory so this is all conjecture, but if he isn't interested in playing any defense this is not the conference for him. In that case, he can go the Big East and jack up uncontested threes all game. I've heard he has the potential to be a terrific on the ball defender, so hopefully he enjoys that part of the game as well and decides to come to a team in a conference that teaches you the right way to play the game (even if they don't continue to do so at the next level).

Top Bottom