Jordan Taylor

Block M

Reaction score
Taylors numbers are pretty unimpressive so far this year (with the exception of his awesome A/TO ratio). 11.8 pts per game on 36% shooting (33% 3-pt FG). Also shooting 69% from the line.

He also seems to take a ton of forced/tough shots that are dragging his FG% down, and many of these appear to come as the shot clock is winding down. I wonder if his poor numbers are a reflection of the 30-second possessions the Badgers usually run. He is the guy who needs to bail them out when an open shot does not arise earlier.

Anyhow, in terms of offensive efficiency, he's not very good this year so far. See if it picks up come B1G time.

I was actually thinking this the other day; I've probably seen 4-5 Badger games, and he has been quite a disappointment for the hype he was getting before the season began.

Many are saying he's the top PG in America, and surefire 1st Team All-American...he definitely hasn't been playing like it so far this year.

I've watched a lot of Badger basketball thus far and I've thought Julian Welch has played better thus far this year. I'll be curious to see that match up when we play them in conference play.

There are rumblings that Taylor's surgery in the offseason wasn't as minor as advertised and that he's still struggling to recover from it, so that is why he is playing poorly. Who knows though.

Think losing Leuer may have something to do with it?

Think losing Leuer may have something to do with it?

Lacking much in the way of interior power? Other teams can cheat out farther to cover their shooters? Yeah, I think so. Teams can double him when he drives more too.

Preface: this isn't sour grapes or Badger hate. I'd trade any of the active players for him in a heartbeat for this season.

I think it's a combination of all of the above. He's probably still recovering from surgery, doesn't have another go-to guy that people pay attention to now the Leuer is gone, and he's the bail-out guy (both from being the PG and from being the star) as the shot clock winds down and no play develops. His numbers are solid, but so far nothing about his play looks All-American to me.

Top Bottom