Jordan Murphy

touchdownvikings

Reaction score
Anyone else notice a couple things about this guy?

(1) He's definitely NOT been skipping chest day. He's gotten huge!

(2) His shooting has taken a mini-leap. If he makes one more mini-leap, watch out!

Yup. Most underrated player on the Gophers right now, which is crazy because he was the most recognized guy on the team last year

He's improved his dribble significantly as well. Definitely adding some tools to his strength / athleticism / aggressiveness.

He's improved his dribble significantly as well. Definitely adding some tools to his strength / athleticism / aggressiveness.

And the confidence, you can see it in his eyes when he does things he wouldn't try last year.

He benefits from the more physical big 10. Up and down vs mid majors was challenging for him.

He's got the tools - I'm not a fan of his decision-making yet, but he's got very good size and talent.

The team as a whole (Murphy part of that) would do well to make one or two more passes on a lot of forced possessions, which happens every time the other team gains the least bit of momentum.

Hope he doesn't fall in love with shooting 3's.

Hope he doesn't fall in love with shooting 3's.

I hear that. Gotta be wide open, but if he's out there shooting, he won't be crashing the O boards, where he's far more valuable.

He's got the tools - I'm not a fan of his decision-making yet, but he's got very good size and talent.

The team as a whole (Murphy part of that) would do well to make one or two more passes on a lot of forced possessions, which happens every time the other team gains the least bit of momentum.
Agreed.... he needs to know when to pass it out of the post

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I love when he snaps the ball on his rebounds..... almost pops the ball. That reminds me of old school bounders.... Dude's gotta have the broadest shoulders I've ever seen... his body is freaky different.

I love when he snaps the ball on his rebounds..... almost pops the ball. That reminds me of old school bounders.... Dude's gotta have the broadest shoulders I've ever seen... his body is freaky different.

Those shoulders did some work on the Purdue defender for his foul-out. Looked very intentional somehow. Don't know what he was thinking, but I'm thinking I'd like for him to play the entire game.

Those shoulders did some work on the Purdue defender for his foul-out. Looked very intentional somehow. Don't know what he was thinking, but I'm thinking I'd like for him to play the entire game.

You're kidding, right? I hope you're kidding or else it's one of the dumbest comments in the history of GH. Not only was it a flop by the Purdue defender but you think somehow Murphy "intentionally " offensively fouled him? Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.... he needs to know when to pass it out of the post

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Also his scoring percentage when he decides to slowly back his guy down with the dribble from the 3 point line to the block must be <10%. I would be interested to see the. Umber but my recollection is it has either been a TO or foul.

All in all a beast though, he'll keep getting better.

I recall when the GopherHole exploded when we lost Alex Illikainen to Bucky. "Pitino can't keep local talent, blah blah..."

Granted he lost Nwankwo and Shaka left which opened our door to Murphy, but we'll take it.

I believe it will be a very similar outcome with Jelly over Brad Davison and McKinley Wright for the '17 class.

You're kidding, right? I hope you're kidding or else it's one of the dumbest comments in the history of GH. Not only was it a flop by the Purdue defender but you think somehow Murphy "intentionally " offensively fouled him? Unreal.

I also thought it was a flop by the defender, the defender may have known he had four fouls. I also thought Murphy didn't need to lean in on him the way that he did. It was an easy call for the ref to make especially with that flop.

I'm presuming I'll get some kind of award then...won't I :confused:

I also thought it was a flop by the defender, the defender may have known he had four fouls. I also thought Murphy didn't need to lean in on him the way that he did. It was an easy call for the ref to make especially with that flop.

Beyond that, he should not have had 4 fouls to begin with. Did something change in the rules this year where post players cannot make contact away from the ball? There were 2 calls against Reggie against MSU, and 2 against Jordan at Purdue that appeared to be complete touch fouls while players were down low and ball was on perimeter. They really hurt us against MSU as we didn't have Reggie to stop Ward at the end, and it could have cost us against Purdue. And I haven't seen those called the other way... may just have maroon colored glasses on, but it has seemed on the absurd side. Those guys need to be better about avoiding temptation to swat down when it's not needed and picking up silly fouls, but they've had some ridiculous away from the ball calls as well which have no place in B10.

Top Bottom