Jonah Pirsig to new Minnesota recruits

4four4

Reaction score
Jonah Pirsig said:
Now I am going to be joining them in helping the coaches to close out this class with the best players we can get. We are on the right path at Minnesota and I will do what I can to help get us there."

Nice to see a highly rated Minnesota recruit explaining to other potential recruits Minnesota is on the right path.

This is synergy of recruiting. Nick Davidson and Will Johnson will be either running into or hearing from Jonah,Philiip Nelson, Max Williams, and the other Minnesota recruits. It becomes a cumulative effect. Add that to Coach Kill and his staff and it doesn't matter what the offers are. Everything you could ever want at a BCS school is now in place at The Univeristy of Minnesota. To be a part of Coach Kill's first class is the chance of a lifetime. It would be a mistake to be in Columbus when the hammer comes down.

There is a great opportunity for the 2012 recruiting class for the Gophers.

This season will obviously be a transition season. I think they'll be better than the experts think but it is a transition season nonetheless. Coach Kill and his staff, unlike basically ANYBODY else the U could have hired, brought with them a STAFF and a SYSTEM that has been successful before. The fact that the same group of coaches have undertaken the same situation(s) before and been successful leads me to believe the transition won't take as long as it would have taken with another hire. They will not be slowed by assembling a staff, getting to know each other, spending time figuring out how to organize practice, determining who is at what level on the totem pole, etc.

In short, for this staff, it's simply back to business as usual, just at a different location.

The 2012 class will hit campus with the program and system in place, ready to hit the ground running. They have an opportunity to be part of something special, a resurgence of University of Minnesota football.

I know I am getting ahead of myself. But. The 2012 class will be the class that changed the outlook of Gopher football. We will be talking about them in years to come how they closed the borders and brought back Gopher football from the dead.

I sure hope so. Let's build up some winning seasons here.

A nice article in the Fairbault County Register: Pirsig will wear maroon and gold in the fall of 2012

http://www.faribaultcountyregister....on-and-gold-in-the-fall-of-2012.html?nav=5005

Go Gophers!!

I had heard that they met at the 50 yard line, but I hadn't heard the whole shebang. It's pretty cool and just goes to show how much President Kaler cares about the football program.

“I have known one of the assistant recruiting coordinators at the U for a while and I told him,” Pirsig says. “He set up the meeting on the 50-yard-line but he didn’t tell the coaches – only the university president.”

The president ordered the coaches to the field and made it sound like it was going to be bad news.

“We walked out to the middle of the field, but my grandma and grandpa got to ride on a golf cart,” Pirsig says. “The two coaches looked pretty nervous.”

After he told Coach Kill he wanted to play ball in Minnesota, everyone – coaches and family alike – broke out into big smiles.

Minnesota produces some great Big Ten level OL. It is probably the stronest position in Minnesota most years, so it's important that the Gophers get all of the top OL prospects from MN. This is a good sign, could draw in other big names in MN prep football.

Top Bottom