John Shipley: If Gophers have to be bad, now is a good time

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shipley:

If you’re going to have a lousy season, and lots of programs not called Alabama have them after big seasons, now is the time. The Big Ten season, such as it is, has become a joke. A still-entertaining joke, but a joke nonetheless. Wisconsin, for instance, is playing its second game on Saturday. That’s right, Nov. 14.

Go Gophers!!

Last edited:

I don't know why he'd say that the Big Ten season has become a joke. Sure....Wisconsin's season is going to be a bit shorter.....but the other B10 teams should get in eight or nine games.

I suppose you could call it a joke because there appears to be a lot of Big Ten teams that are really down?

B1G is still losing $5 million each game by not allowing 7 thousand fans to each game. I went Saturday to watch my nephew play in the UNI Dome in Iowa. They allowed thousands(not sure of the number but they were going to issue 7000 tickets). Felt safe, 3 seats empty in each direction from my seat. No one behind me or in front.

B1G is still losing $5 million each game by not allowing 7 thousand fans to each game. I went Saturday to watch my nephew play in the UNI Dome in Iowa. They allowed thousands(not sure of the number but they were going to issue 7000 tickets). Felt safe, 3 seats empty in each direction from my seat. No one behind me or in front.
Mrs. Billd is from Cedar Falls and could see the UNIDome from her back yard.

If good enough for that setting certainly good enough for TCF...except of course Iowa has different covid policies than Minnesota.

And so it goes in the covid alternative timeline...

Why are things going to get significantly better in 2021???

Sanford and Rossi will still be coordinators. Morgan is still going to be QB. Bateman will be gone. But it's going to be a lot of the same players.

If freshmen were going to make that much of a difference, they'd be playing this year and making it.

Maybe some 2021 true freshmen will blow the doors off, but I doubt it.

We’re doomed! We should be expelled from the Big Ten!
Silly

Fleck and this crew will earn every ounce of critique they get for the rest of this season and for whatever happens next season.

Top Bottom