Joey Kern commits to Gophers, walk-on transfer from John's Hopkins

Statistically Speaking:
- Ranks 11th in JHU history in three-point percentage (.396), seventh in three-pointers (167), sixth in three-point attempts (422), 16th in steals (100) and 15th in minutes played (2,440)

2019-20
- Started all 28 games; averaged 29.1 minutes, 8.7 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.5 steals
- Scored 14 points and grabbed three steals in season-opening win over ninth-ranked Christopher Newport
- Finished with 11 points and four rebounds in win at Goucher
- Totaled six rebounds, four assists and three steals in win at Neumann
- Poured in 20 points with six three-pointers, grabbed five steals and six rebounds in win over York
- Scored 12 points, on four three-pointers, in win over Moravian
- Pulled six rebounds and had three steals in win over Gettysburg
- Scored 11 points and handed out three assists in win at Muhlenberg
- Finished with 13 points in win over Drew
- Handed out five assists in win over Dickinson
- Punched up 14 points and six rebounds in come-from-behind win at Washington College
- Scored 10 points, handed out four assists and grabbed five boards in win over Ursinus
- Scored 13 points, to go with a career best eight rebounds and six assists, in win at Gettysburg
- Finished with 10 points and four steals in win over McDaniel
- Named Wall-O’Mahony MVP with 18 points, on 5-of-7 shooting, three rebounds and three assists
- Scored 16 points, on 4-of-6 shooting, with two assists in win at Dickinson
- Chipped in eight points in win at Franklin & Marshall
- Grabbed four steals and dished a pair of assists in win over Haverford in Centennial Conference semifinals

Go Gophers!!

Might be a sign of deteriorating mental health but I think I'm starting to look forward to this season. Multiple car wreck or some put-together contraption that kind of works?

Might be a sign of deteriorating mental health but I think I'm starting to look forward to this season. Multiple car wreck or some put-together contraption that kind of works?

That's the spirit!

Statistically Speaking:
- Ranks 11th in JHU history in three-point percentage (.396), seventh in three-pointers (167), sixth in three-point attempts (422), 16th in steals (100) and 15th in minutes played (2,440)

2019-20
- Started all 28 games; averaged 29.1 minutes, 8.7 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.5 steals
- Scored 14 points and grabbed three steals in season-opening win over ninth-ranked Christopher Newport
- Finished with 11 points and four rebounds in win at Goucher
- Totaled six rebounds, four assists and three steals in win at Neumann
- Poured in 20 points with six three-pointers, grabbed five steals and six rebounds in win over York
- Scored 12 points, on four three-pointers, in win over Moravian
- Pulled six rebounds and had three steals in win over Gettysburg
- Scored 11 points and handed out three assists in win at Muhlenberg
- Finished with 13 points in win over Drew
- Handed out five assists in win over Dickinson
- Punched up 14 points and six rebounds in come-from-behind win at Washington College
- Scored 10 points, handed out four assists and grabbed five boards in win over Ursinus
- Scored 13 points, to go with a career best eight rebounds and six assists, in win at Gettysburg
- Finished with 10 points and four steals in win over McDaniel
- Named Wall-O’Mahony MVP with 18 points, on 5-of-7 shooting, three rebounds and three assists
- Scored 16 points, on 4-of-6 shooting, with two assists in win at Dickinson
- Chipped in eight points in win at Franklin & Marshall
- Grabbed four steals and dished a pair of assists in win over Haverford in Centennial Conference semifinals

Go Gophers!!
If he can help us beat Ursinus and Goucher- I'm all in!

Welcome aboard Joey!

As noted, the Gophs will need a couple of walk-ons to fill out the roster if they choose not to use all 13 scholarships.

This guy sounds like a practice player who will get to play a couple of minutes at the end of a blow-out.

As noted, the Gophs will need a couple of walk-ons to fill out the roster if they choose not to use all 13 scholarships.

This guy sounds like a practice player who will get to play a couple of minutes at the end of a blow-out.

So he may lead the team in minutes??

🤣🤣 Kidding (I hope!)

I used to smoke pot with Johnny Hopkins. It was Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering, and they were blazing that shit up every day.
He went to Northwestern and John's Hopkins, is that good enough for ya?

Your analysis is very Booger McFarland-esque

What did rich pitino think of Purcell?
think he's wondering how it will be going from a raised floor to a hole in the ground. i think he still has 15 tagged for schollies next season, so he's go to trim rather than add

Hopefully he makes as much of an impact as the last Joey K. that transferred back home from a mid-major program.

I'd say that's two quality walk-ons today. A great day for Minnesota basketball! Now let's get some front court guys....3 scholarships to go.

Who cares what the chitty-chitty bang-bang car looks like for next season. I just want it to cross the finish in a respectable place.

He started all 28 games at a fine university. He is 11th all time in shooting threes %.
I think he’ll earn some minutes.
But bottom line...lol ...I got no idea if we can beat St Thomas. What’s our starting line? Will we beat Omaha to kick things off?
How bad are they?
Very good walkon! Like the signing!

Who cares what the chitty-chitty bang-bang car looks like for next season. I just want it to cross the finish in a respectable place.
I wanna win the lottery. Lottery or respectable finish 🤔

Top Bottom