Joe Rossi Talks Defense

Read the room.

He is supremely confident in what he’s doing. That is 100% a future head coach. Good for him.

A lot of the jobs he would likely be a candidate for in a year or two are MAC-type gigs. Those are now pay cuts or lateral moves financially with how his salary has risen. Still probably good career moves if he wants to be a HC, but not a pay bump.

There's also the not-zero chance that he's the next head coach of the Gophers. If there were odds on such a thing, he would be the favorite.

Read the room.

He is supremely confident in what he’s doing. That is 100% a future head coach. Good for him.
If he continues to have the success he has had as the Gopher's DC he will definitely get his shot to be a head coach somewhere if he wants it.

That’s the most I’ve heard Rossi speak. He’s impressive and has future head coach somewhere written all over him in my opinion. Hopefully we will be able to keep him for some time.

Anyone know who the reporter was as the start whom Rossi said, “no one studies us more than you do, and you do a great job.?”

seems like a smart guy. Not blown away with any sort of head coach charisma, but as you know, that is not always required (Chryst.)

Anyone know who the reporter was as the start whom Rossi said, “no one studies us more than you do, and you do a great job.?”

That sounded like Daniel House to me. Daniel has his own subscription service now, worth a look if you want really in-depth analysis.

Press Conference

Joe is very quick and articulate but I get the feeling he likes coaching more than talking to the media.

Thanks for the link!

Excited to hear him talk so positively about Nubin, the LBs (Lindenberg, Burns, Willis, Finnessy) and Richter and Schuster on the DL!

Has been a head coach, Maine. He can have his pick of many lower level jobs right now I would guess. If he leaves, it will be for Power 5 I think. Not a blue blood, but a Power 5.

He was not the head coach of Maine. It doesn't say any such thing in the link.

Maybe you're thinking of Chip Kelly being the head coach of New Hampshire?

But how could Rossi be a head coach, when he doesn't talk nonstop gimmick-jargon-ese, like Fleck???

Kidding. (mostly)

Has been a head coach, Maine. He can have his pick of many lower level jobs right now I would guess. If he leaves, it will be for Power 5 I think. Not a blue blood, but a Power 5.

He was not the head coach of Maine. It doesn't say any such thing in the link.

Maybe you're thinking of Chip Kelly being the head coach of New Hampshire?
Joe Harasymiak was the head coach at Maine before coming to the U. I am guessing that is what Ho Jon was thinking about.

Joe Harasymiak was the head coach at Maine before coming to the U. I am guessing that is what Ho Jon was thinking about.
Yep, good catch.

Was the DC a couple years after Rossi left, and then head coach.

Great asset to have them both on the staff!

Top Bottom