Joe Jackson to the Gophers?

From the Barn

Reaction score
Complete idle speculation. He is supposedly considering bailing on Memphis. I wonder if Tubby's Memphis pipeline and Jackson's relationship to Andre Hollins (high school teammates) might finally give the Gophers a transfer of the positive kind.

Sounds like a damn good rumor to me that will keep several of the GH commentors busy.

Complete idle speculation. He is supposedly considering bailing on Memphis. I wonder if Tubby's Memphis pipeline and Jackson's relationship to Andre Hollins (high school teammates) might finally give the Gophers a transfer of the positive kind.

Ha... by "positive kind" I trust you only mean "a transfer into the program"...

Poor Pastner.

Sounds like he's got some "attitude" issues. Would we want a headache?

I haven't seen him play much but his numbers don't look that special.

Sounds like he's got some "attitude" issues. Would we want a headache?

I haven't seen him play much but his numbers don't look that special.
But he is the fastest player in college basketball. That's gotta mean something!

How would a skinny little British pop artist from the 1980s help the Gopher basketball team?

I'd like to have Jackson, but I doubt it happens for several reasons including Tubby's reluctance to take transfers and the Gophers style of play.

I'd like to have Jackson, but I doubt it happens for several reasons including Tubby's reluctance to take transfers and the Gophers style of play.

Where have you heard that Tubby is reluctant to take transfers? I realize we haven't gotten any during his time here, transfers in aren't very common for any program not named Iowa State, are they?

Trevor was essentially a transfer from Marquette. Tubby has also recruited a number of JUCO players which are essentially transfers. Plus weren't we rumored to be after KSU stud PF Wally Judge as a transfer? I don't think Tubby would have any problem taking a transfer.

If Rodney stays and Trevor gets his redshirt and comes back, we've already got to figure out where the extra scholarship is coming from. I don't see Tubby as being a guy who just takes away a scholarship from a player.

I sent Marcus a tweet to see what he thought about Jackson and the Gophers. This is what he responded with.

GophersNow PiPress Gophers Now
@SKOORB_SIWEL @AndreHollins Doubt it. Joe Jackson wasn't recruited by Gophers. Tubby needs to find another post player more than anything.

Joe Jackson will not be transferring to the Gophers. It's been confirmed.

Minnesota doesn't have any scholarships available today, which means a transfer would have to pay his own way until a scholarship became available. A big-name transfer like Jackson, is not likely to want to pay his own way. That is one reason I would always like to see a team have one scholarship available at all times, in case a transfer become available.

Chris Monter

Dang, I really wanted to make some "shoeless joe" tshirts if he would of came here!! I do have to think to myself though, "LOL at the possibility of us stealing a recruit from a good young coach in pastner".

Top Bottom