Joe: I’d expect to see more of McCrary on Saturday.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe's Mailbag Q&A:

How about using Johanesson and Femi-Cole in the RB mix? I hate to see so many reps for Smith's carriage so early in the season.

That’s a good point about wearing down Smith, but it was a close game, and he’s the veteran of the group, sure-handed, etc. Kobe McCrary is next, and I think then it would be Johannesson, followed by Femi-Cole. I’d expect to see more of McCrary on Saturday.

http://www.startribune.com/are-the-...-offense-reader-questions-answered/392836121/

Go Gophers!!

Season 1 or Season 2? Big difference.

Hard to know

We have no idea how often the RB 's fumble in practice. And TC pointed out a pass protection block by Smith. Likely the two reasons we relied on one guy.

per Joe's Mailbag Q&A:

How about using Johanesson and Femi-Cole in the RB mix? I hate to see so many reps for Smith's carriage so early in the season.

That’s a good point about wearing down Smith, but it was a close game, and he’s the veteran of the group, sure-handed, etc. Kobe McCrary is next, and I think then it would be Johannesson, followed by Femi-Cole. I’d expect to see more of McCrary on Saturday.

http://www.startribune.com/are-the-...-offense-reader-questions-answered/392836121/

Go Gophers!!

I sure hope that they put away the game early so that the backup RBs can gain game experience. I really want to see what Johannesson & Femi-Cole can do.

We have no idea how often the RB 's fumble in practice. And TC pointed out a pass protection block by Smith. Likely the two reasons we relied on one guy.

How dare you, sir?! If the coaching and recruiting were left to Gopherholers, we would be 11-1 or 12-0 every year!!

I really liked what I saw out of Johanesson. Not sure if I spelled that correctly. I know we have a lot of good running backs. He looks pretty athletic for his size. So if they are not going to play him at running back he might make a pretty good player on the defensive side of the ball.

He's carried 17 times for 176 yards and 2 TD.

Top Bottom