Joe Coleman named Mr. Basketball!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet from Ryan James:

"Joe Coleman has been announced as the 2011 award winner of the Mr. Basketball trophy. Congrats Joe!"

Go Gophers!!

Ok moderators, I don't care if the Lofton family complained about what was written in this thread.

It's not illegal to post what we did...they can sue you call they want; what happened was factual & true. Just because they didn't like how Zach acted doesn't mean we need to delete the thread discussing his actions at the state tourney?

Yeah, seems kind of bogus. Now I'm curious as to what Zach did at the state tourney. Can somebody fill me in?

WEAK!

Ok moderators, I don't care if the Lofton family complained about what was written in this thread.

It's not illegal to post what we did...they can sue you call they want; what happened was factual & true. Just because they didn't like how Zach acted doesn't mean we need to delete the thread discussing his actions at the state tourney?

+1

Explanation GH Mod?

If Lofton's family didn't come on Gopherhole and try to explain to everyone why the Gophers should look at him, he NEVER would have been brought up.

The family can blame themselves.

Thanks for telling us why you deleted that post GH!

Big Brother answers to nobody.

A lawsuit can cost you a lot of money- and it doesn't matter if you are right or wrong.

Yall are hilarious

LMFAO...some of these posters need not quit THEIR day job.;)

Besides these posters/realitives saying how great he is. really haven't seen much of him. The little I have seen of him you can't argue he's not a scorer. Others say he has issues, regaurdless Gophers don't appear interested.

If Zach cant's gets no respec from major D1 skools maybe he should go drop 30 ppg in Europe, lotto pick Jennings style.

Men lie women lie numbers don't

So how come Lenny Cooke isn't tearing up the NBA? Pretty sure he had LeBron "Numbers" in high school, where is he now? He's better than LeBron ... right?

Pretty pathetic when a family has to threaten litigation over speculation on a public message board. Apparently the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree...his actions at the State Tourney tell me all I need to know about him...no thanks.

so?

so there should have been 8 players on last years all tourney team how Quickly everyone forgot about Joe C and his teammate giving the sibley crowd the finger after last years game..Zach didn't bother anyone he looked like his was pride was hurt and needed a moment to gather himself...I think he's immune to being snubbed seems to happen quite a bit

so there should have been 8 players on last years all tourney team how Quickly everyone forgot about Joe C and his teammate giving the sibley crowd the finger after last years game..Zach didn't bother anyone he looked like his was pride was hurt and needed a moment to gather himself...I think he's immune to being snubbed seems to happen quite a bit

How have you not been banned yet?

Grammatical Errors and all.

GoGopher actually has a good point, Zach has been snubbed from every local 1st team all- metro, snubbed from top 5 mr. bball finalist, pioneer press gave him honorable mention, C'mon now.

I doubt he is upset about not making the all tourney team, because anybody can see he was the mvp of the tourney.

Click on the link, about halfway down the page you will see the double standard. last year multiple hopkins players gave the Sibley fans the finger. although complaints were made the 2 were still selected to the all-tourney team and this is how they behave after a win, imagine if they woulda lost. Zach is gifted young man and a good kid.
He is not a monster for leaving the court to get himself together after the game, it was a brilliant season for the young man. He could have expressed himself in a much worse manner.:)

http://www.foxpreps.com/dpp/basketball/Holding-Center-Court

Who cares. Lofton posts need to be moved to whatever JC he attends. He's not a Gopher. Shouldn't be a Gopher and won't be a gopher. Hope it works out for him where ever he goes.

Joe Coleman was named Mr. Basketball and that's the thread.

Who cares. Lofton posts need to be moved to whatever JC he attends. He's not a Gopher. Shouldn't be a Gopher and won't be a gopher. Hope it works out for him where ever he goes.

Joe Coleman was named Mr. Basketball and that's the thread.

Thats a good thing for him, I've seen too many talented players have frustrating careers with the Gophers. everybody Moe Hargrow, Al nolen, Devoe Jo, Colton Iverson, etc.

Minnesota is not set up to maximize players potential.

Glad the gophers dont want him, I'd hate to see him become a statistic.
but i heard through the grapevine their may be a visit to MN in april and the team invited him to watch the Penn state game from behind the bench, needless to say they lost. Does that constitute legitimate interest?

If he does go the JC route, i'm sure he'll have his pick of D1 schools the next year, but i'm willing to bet he goes to a nice d1 program next year.

Anyway again. Please dont quit your day job.
I hope it works out for you whereever you go brother.:)

Congrats again to Joe being Mr. Basketball. He had a great season and it will be wonderful seeing him in maroon in gold.

2nd that

Congrats again to Joe being Mr. Basketball. He had a great season and it will be wonderful seeing him in maroon in gold.

I concur, hope its a solid big ten career for joe. Congrats brother!!:)

Thats a good thing for him, I've seen too many talented players have frustrating careers with the Gophers. everybody Moe Hargrow, Al nolen, Devoe Jo, Colton Iverson, etc.

Minnesota is not set up to maximize players potential.

Glad the gophers dont want him, I'd hate to see him become a statistic.
but i heard through the grapevine their may be a visit to MN in april and the team invited him to watch the Penn state game from behind the bench, needless to say they lost. Does that constitute legitimate interest?

If he does go the JC route, i'm sure he'll have his pick of D1 schools the next year, but i'm willing to bet he goes to a nice d1 program next year.

Anyway again. Please dont quit your day job.
I hope it works out for you whereever you go brother.:)

Good, then we all agree: U of Minnesota is not the place for Lofton.

Glad we got that settled.

Sounds unanimous to me.
Good luck gophers n joe.

How have you not been banned yet?

for what being up on my Basketball news...I love Joe I love the gophers before Ricky Foggy..I have an email and an opinion...Zach Lofton is a great basketball player not just scorer I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him even with his leaving the court without shaking hands...he had to go to the bathroom in my labron voice

Are the gophers on a juco hunt right now???This state has one D1 school the juco route is not a bad one for Lofton...hope he leaves his baggage at msp

Top Bottom