Joe Bjorklund is a Gopher

6-5, 285lbs, offers from No Dak State, Northern Illinois, UNLV, Toledo, Wyoming, etc.

Welcome aboard!

Go Gophers!!

Love this commit! Always a good feeling when you find out a kid is staying in state to play football! I think this guy could be a diamond in the rough!

Joe Bjorklund Story

I talked to Joe earlier tonight about his decision to become a Gopher. I meet him this summer at the Gopher Big Man Camp and interviewed several times during the season. Unfortunately, the old staff didn't really recruit him hard, so I haven't really written much about him on this site. However, he is excited about the new coaching staff and is happy to be a Gopher. I'll be posting the story later tonight.

Chris Monter

Nice to have the commitment from him so that the staff doesn't have to worry about a late offer from michigan state or Wisconsin. I know there are some rosemount coaches who are Excited about this.

Awesome. I kept hearing about Joe around here and from the sounds of most of ya'll he was going to end up elsewhere. Glad to see he's coming to the U and avoiding the debacle that is the town of Madison.

video makes it seem like he would be a candidate for DT. He gets off the ball very quickly although he is a little tall for the position either way I like his mean streak and you have to love all the instate players being offerend lately.

So this is a gray shirt correct?

So this is a gray shirt correct?

As of right now, it is. I believe this is the best option for Joe. His footwork is good but he needs a year of lifting to increase his strength to compete in the Big 10. With the new strength & conditioning coach/program, I think Joe will develop in to an awesome lineman for the Gophs.

Welcome aboard Joe; you made the right choice! :clap:

Top Bottom