Jim Leavitt - thoughts?

TCF=UnitedWeStand

Reaction score
Yeah, some baggage there, but I think the fact he has pretty much fallen off the radar completely since being fired from USF is a good sign that he may be a stand up guy - much different approach than what Leach took (defiant).

He also began his coaching career at small Iowa schools (Dubuque, Morningside), and then spent some time at U of I.

I'd hope he'd be on the short list, but I think other schools will be looking at him as well now that a year will have passed.

Although having kids and coaches change their stories, wasn't a good way to go about the situation that arose that's for sure.

I think he would actually be a great hire. But an administration so paranoid it won't let Jimmy Williams be an assistant 30 years after he committed minor infractions, even when he was interim coach after that, isn't going to touch Jim Leavitt with a 10 foot pole. I wish they'd take a chance, but I have almost no hope they will.

My bet is he will eventually end up at Kansas State after Bill Snyder retires due to his history at KSU and with Snyder

I recall a televised game in 2007 in which he was positively loony on the sidelines. Doubt the U would ever hire him - or Leach.

Leavitt was the perfect guy for South Florida. He is not even close to the perfect guy for this job.

Again, why are people wanting to go after these Big East coaches that had Mason-esque flashes of brilliance. THE BIG EAST SUCKS. Period. It doesn't take much to bring a team from nowhere to almost somewhere in that conference.

The only reason I would watch USF (they were a mediocre, overrated team) was to watch the Leavitt train wreck on the sidelines.

Top Bottom