Jerry Kill: Tracy Claeys delivered 'one of the greatest coaching jobs of all-time -

Iceland12

Reaction score
From the Strib:

SAN DIEGO – Jerry Kill said he was overcome with pride watching on television, as Minnesota defeated Washington State 17-12 in Tuesday night’s Holiday Bowl.

The former Gophers coach has been hired as the offensive coordinator at Rutgers after spending this season as an associate athletics director at Kansas State. But Kill said his heart will always be with the Gophers, and their current coaching staff, led by his longtime assistant Tracy Claeys.

“That’s probably one of the greatest coaching jobs of all-time,” Kill said via telephone. “With all that stuff going on, and all the things those kids have gone through -- from their old coach to the new coach to all the stuff they had to handle -- that’s flat unbelievable the job those guys did. [Claeys] deserves a darn contract [extension]."

The Gophers were 10-point underdogs heading into the Holiday Bowl but stunned Washington State with a stifling defensive performance.

“I’m proud as heck of those kids, the Gophers and those coaches," Kill said. "It was a heck of a win, a heck of a win.”

http://www.startribune.com/jerry-ki...g-jobs-of-all-time-in-holiday-bowl/408525165/

Oh, Bob Sansevere and some guy from the Pioneer Press who sounds like Kermit the Frog had a bunch of laughs poking fun at this statement today on Bob's podcast. This was right after they ranted and raved for some time about how inconceivable it is that TC hasn't been fired based on his tweet alone. Then Bob tweeted at TC, expressing shock that he had not taken the tweet down. Luckily, there was still time to work in some fat jokes before they ended the show as they do every day, with a psychic.

A like how Jerry brought himself into the situation.

Oh, Bob Sansevere and some guy from the Pioneer Press who sounds like Kermit the Frog had a bunch of laughs poking fun at this statement today on Bob's podcast. This was right after they ranted and raved for some time about how inconceivable it is that TC hasn't been fired based on his tweet alone. Then Bob tweeted at TC, expressing shock that he had not taken the tweet down. Luckily, there was still time to work in some fat jokes before they ended the show as they do every day, with a psychic.

That radio show is a joke. The guy with the Kermit voice is a know it all Northwestern Grad, I believe his title at the PP is "Associate Sports Editor".

If Northwestern would have pulled this feat off, he'd have been weeping and claiming it was the second coming of the Messiah.

The show is unlistenable.

I honestly had no idea Sansevere had any sort of presence in this town still.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

He doesn't.....

I agree...he doesn't have any presence in the cities even though he thinks he does. We have many sport guys who think they are hip, with it or whatever. Those guys are pretty sad and the worst part about it they don't realize it.

Anybody remember when Sansevere did an NFL TV spot? Some kind of sideline gig I think. Wow, that dude has a face made for radio. Who is he to throw stones at Claeys?

What an ignorant statement. He's one of the top trainers of miniature show ponies in the state.

(This is not a joke.)

12011238_10153661206830439_6432255018396902766_n-2-e1442345421895.jpg

Top Bottom