Jerry Kill: "Steven Richardson played unreal (Saturday), like an All-American"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Jerry Kill: "Steven Richardson played unreal (Saturday), like an All-American"

per Greder:

Steven Richardson stuffed the defensive stat sheet in Minnesota's 23-20 overtime victory over Colorado State

The 6-foot, 291-pound defensive tackle tied for the team lead with seven tackles and also had a sack, three tackles for loss, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, a pass breakup and a quarterback hurry.

"Steven Richardson played unreal (Saturday), like an All-American football player," Gophers coach Jerry Kill said.

One of the most impressive plays was when Richardson pursued after a Rams completion on a screen pass and made the tackle about 25 yards down the field.

"I got some points for that," Richardson said. "I was tired after that; I can't even lie."

Richardson had a bruise under his left eye from an illegal hands to the face penalty from a Rams offensive lineman. He heard it was bleeding during the game, but he didn't care.

"I would definitely say it was one of my best games," Richardson said.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...sive-tackle-steven-richardson-has-unreal-game

Go Gophers!!

Maybe we should switch him to qb. Best defensive game since Tom Brown vs Iowa in 1960

Top Bottom