Jerry Kill: Sports Huddle This Morning

DL65

Reaction score
He had only one segment because he was meeting with nine recruits visiting this weekend (last weekend before signing day, Wednesday, Febuary 2.)

Remarks:

1) You don't know how good the recruiting class is until about two years down the road.

2) We have had to speed up the recruiting/evaluation process. "So far, so good."

3) Working hard on next year's class, especially the juniors in Minnesota. High priority.

4) Would like to sign 36-37 (24-27 scholarship recurits) players and preferred walk-ons. "We have some good foundation kids in this year's class."

5) We feel good with Brewster's 2011 recruits that have remained with their commitments.

6) Response has been positive around the country. He's excited about the recruiting opportunities in the next 2-3 years.

Go Gophers!!

dl, thanks for all of your sports huddle recaps. much appreciated.

all, is there a coach in the country that won't be happy with his recruiting class this week?

Thanks DL. Only heard the end of it. Would like for him to stay on longer. Like MORE that he has more important things to do:)

JFR, they didn't talk about Mason and Brewster in the same sentence? lol

Did Sid give him the Butter Knife Steak coupon.

Seriously, Kill is doing all the right things out of the gate and it looks like he is building a solid football and PR foundation.

I don't listen to AM radio typically so I have not heard Sid in years. Man he sounds horrible.

True. I actually defend Sid more often than not due to his age. I hope I am that active and aware when I get to be his age. But please pull me off the radio if I sound like that.

Sid asked Kill about how many MN kids he is hoping for. He said they hope to sign 5-6 and another 7-8 that they are wanting to walk-on. He said they tried to flip some MN kids who had committed to other schools, but those kids stayed loyal and he can't fault them.

Top Bottom