Jerry Kill on Eric Carter: "He’s improved a bunch, probably as much as anybody."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Jerry Kill on Eric Carter: "He’s improved a bunch, probably as much as anybody."

per Joe:

Then there's Eric Carter. The 5-11, 189-pound Florida native managed just one catch last season as a redshirt freshman, but he's taken a step in his development this spring.

"He’s done a nice job, he really has," Gophers coach Jerry Kill said. "He’s improved a bunch, probably as much as anybody."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/298799441.html

Go Gophers!!

This is really good to hear because I can't help but think the big 3 redshirt WR's (Gentry, Holland & Gant) are getting a bit overhyped. Not that I'm down on the 3 redshirt WR's, I'd just like to see them earn the hype.

I was at practice last Saturday and was very impressed with Cater's hands. He caught everything near him. He isn't very big tho and I see him exclusively as a slot receiver- like KJ and JJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for my lack of recall, but I think there is some kid from Minnesota with one year eligibility left, I forgot his name but will call his mom's friend to help me remember, then I'll text Jerry.

I think Houston cost their coach, (Levine)his job when they did not give this great kid, who was "just turning his life around" a chance. Gosh I cannot recall his name but I think he went to De LaSalle and was sort of like a 20 year old Bill Walton/ J. Football combination.

I was at practice last Saturday and was very impressed with Cater's hands. He caught everything near him. He isn't very big tho and I see him exclusively as a slot receiver- like KJ and JJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoofin I'm right with you. He looked like he had great hands. Both thursday and saturday he caught everything thrown his way which was great to see with all the drops that happened on thursday. He had some real nice catches over the middle too and wasn't afraid to take a big hit.

Both last year and this year I've been impressed with his attitude and work ethic. Last year I saw him ask the coach if he could instantly re-do drills. Also he's upbeat and always encouraging to others. It doesn't surprise me with those attributes he has shown marked improvement. Just another guy(of many) with great character that this staff has recruited.

I thought Eric Carter made a lot of good catches Saturday at practice. Pretty much caught everything thrown his direction. I think he has a lot of opportunity to get some good PT this year.

Top Bottom