Jerry Kill Contract

nevisgopher

Reaction score
Probably not a popular opinion at the moment but hoping we give Jerry Kill a 5 year contract soon. Seriously. We can't keep changing coaches....not the answer. Stability may be our way to get over the top. Go Gophers...still enthused for this season...we have a giant killer game in us. Go Gophers!

What are the chances that after three years Kill will not have beaten a fairly good opposing football team?

Won't happen. AD is still wondering if he shouldn't make his own choice. I doubt anything will happen this year, even if we lose the rest of the games. But if Kill wins 4 or less games next year, he'll be gone.

Probably not a popular opinion at the moment but hoping we give Jerry Kill a 5 year contract soon. Seriously. We can't keep changing coaches....not the answer. Stability may be our way to get over the top. Go Gophers...still enthused for this season...we have a giant killer game in us. Go Gophers!

Kill is currently under contract through mid-February 2018.

Why in the world would the University give Kill a 5 year contact when he has 4 1/2 years remaining on his current contract?

You seriously can't make this stuff up.

Another 5 yrs? Some guys can't handle their booze...

Why in the world would the University give Kill a 5 year contact when he has 4 1/2 years remaining on his current contract?

You seriously can't make this stuff up.

Exactly. There is no need to extend his contract. It will not affect recruiting. The team's record will affect recruiting.

There's no urgency, plenty of time left on his contract.

OK...so technically he's under contract but as the lowest paid coach in the big ten. We're never going to get out of this hole by continually switching coaches. It's a pipe dream to think we're going to get a big name coach to come in and save the day. We need some consistency or else there's no way out of this hole! Playing somewhat of a devils-advocate knowing that posts will be flowing in to change the coaching staff. I'm not happy with this loss either. What's the alternative if my take is so off base!

The length if his contract would matter for what reason? He is under contract for long enough and even if it was for just one more year it wouldn't effect recruiting because we are not winning and has has not shown the ability to recruit high level players anyway. What better recruits he has brought in have been non factors and hardly play.

He has not shown that he deserves a pay increase. He has done great improving grades and getting kids to class which is great. That said its time to win.

Wasn't he just extended last year? Is this a serious thread?

OK...so technically he's under contract but as the lowest paid coach in the big ten. We're never going to get out of this hole by continually switching coaches.
I'm sorry, but are you heavily medicated at the moment? What in the hell does Kill's salary have to do with switching coaches?

The only reason Kill should be given more money is to convince him to stay. Anything else is idiotic.

Considering the product he's put forth so far (to say nothing of the health concerns), I don't think we need to be too worried that someone is going to take him away.

Yes, this is a serious thread. But, I certainly appreciate your opinion. Obviously, I have a contrarian take on this, but I choose to take a much longer term view...understand that will not be not be popular after this loss. Bring on a assistant TE coach! Good luck.

Yes, this is a serious thread. But, I certainly appreciate your opinion. Obviously, I have a contrarian take on this, but I choose to take a much longer term view...understand that will not be not be popular after this loss. Bring on a assistant TE coach! Good luck.
You seriously have no idea why everyone is telling you your argument is stupid. You haven't read anything that anyone has said, because if you did, you'd see that this has nothing to do with replacing him, considering he already has a ton of years left on his contract and isn't going anywhere.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...................UUUUUUUUUUUUT????????????

Heck, maybe Brewster is available for the TE coaching position.

Top Bottom