Jerry Kill: “I’ve been known as a fix-it guy. We’ll see if I still have that title or get fired. I’m like anybody else.”

Country Jerry burned ALL of his bridges here...he's no longer a favorable memory around the U...seriously. If you're still a fan of him...then you are in some sort of denial. His mouth was his problem. Crying on TV that he had to leave coaching and then moving all over the f*cking nation to coach again. After the crap you spewed about Fleck...go to hell jerry-baby.

Jerry was a disaster as an offensive coach at Rutgers. He never developed a decent passing QB here and the offense we have now is light years ahead of Kill's. Nevertheless, he was a great defensive coach and the defense under both Kill and Claeys won in many games despite the offense. That he has been job-hopping so much is a little disconcerting.

I appreciated what Jerry Kill did for the program and for helping push the Athletic Village to the finish line.

That was character unbecoming to criticize PJ Fleck publicly like he did which tranished his legacy at the U.

He has blinding loyalty to his coaching staff. He should have kept Limegrover exclusively as an OL coach.

The Gophers were never going to attract higher regarded QBs. In truth, his Offense is run heavy, and became predictable and injury prone.

He should have relinquished the Offense to a true OC and open up the passing game.

He inherited a 3-9 team, and by my count went 29-29...or do non-conference wins not matter?

They don't. When evaluating and ranking Gopher football coaches the only thing that matters are Big 10 wins and losses. Glenn Mason's record as coach was 32-48.

I appreciated what Jerry Kill did for the program and for helping push the Athletic Village to the finish line.

That was character unbecoming to criticize PJ Fleck publicly like he did which tranished his legacy at the U.

He has blinding loyalty to his coaching staff. He should have kept Limegrover exclusively as an OL coach.

The Gophers were never going to attract higher regarded QBs. In truth, his Offense is run heavy, and became predictable and injury prone.

He should have relinquished the Offense to a true OC and open up the passing game.
Agreed. I am confident Jerry tried to get better qbs to sign here but they saw the offense and said no thanks.

They don't. When evaluating and ranking Gopher football coaches the only thing that matters are Big 10 wins and losses. Glenn Mason's record as coach was 32-48.
So the win vs Auburn last year meant nothing. Got it.

Ol Jer was mediocre at best. That's the plain truth. He did a nice job with his mid major programs and helped instill some better aspects to the program here, but he was never going to bring Minnesota to become a good program. At this point I think that we saw that PJ is capable of that, but the next step is consistency in the good category, and we are going to need to run the table this year to keep that momentum up.

I'm very nervous about Iowa, but also it would turn the year around fast if we beat them.

Top Bottom