Jeffrey Jones RB from Mpls Washburn

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
I had a chance to watch Gopher recruit Jeffrey Jones tonight at the Washburn vs. South game. He didn't play in the first half and then tore it up in the second. He's a junior this year, and has offers from the Gophers, Iowa, Badgers, Spartans, and he is visiting Notre Dame soon. I hope he stays here and that Rasheed Hageman can help recruit him.
Anyone know what school he's leaning towards?
Thanks and looking forward to tomorrow's game!

I actually just bought a home right next to Washburn HS and I could hear the game tonight.

I plan on going to see him play in two weeks and I'll give a comprehensive report.

The kid is special.

I actually just bought a home right next to Washburn HS and I could hear the game tonight.

I plan on going to see him play in two weeks and I'll give a comprehensive report.

The kid is special.

Yeah two weeks from now is the homecoming game vs southwest. Washburn has a brand new field turf that was donated by the Vikings. It's a great Friday night football atmosphere and the team has some talent and history of winning.
I understand why Jeffrey wants to keep his options open, but let's hope the Gophers get off to a good start this year and build some momentum. I have confidence in the current coaching staff to make this team better.
I know Hageman is a little older than Jones, but I would think that would help attract Jones to the U as well.

He couldn't have picked a better weekend!

Most exciting 6-9 game I've ever watched. Man there were a lot of turnovers and sloppy play on both sides. If this is the best football the state of Iowa can produce it is officially a sad, sad day for them. And a happy day for us!

Most exciting 6-9 game I've ever watched. Man there were a lot of turnovers and sloppy play on both sides. If this is the best football the state of Iowa can produce it is officially a sad, sad day for them. And a happy day for us!

That was a weird game, through 3 quarters, it was the most lopsided 9-3 game that I've ever seen. Iowa State seemed to be dominating Iowa and they just kept stepping on their own feet.

Iowa St. had 3 turnovers in the redzone. If not for that, it's a blowout.

so he did play...I had heard a rumor he was not eligible this year, must have been incorrect...

Top Bottom