Jeff Horton Should Stay on staff

raragophers

Reaction score
After watching this game it actually appears like the guy can coach a little bit. I think he should be offensive coordinator for the upcoming hire. The cohesiveness that it would create among the team would be great.

I really hope the new staff finds a place for both Horton and 1st year receivers coach Steve Watson.

You forget all the bad calls this year. Hammock at least used some different looks.

He won't have any trouble finding work. It's obvious the guy is a pretty good football guy. Whether or not that's here, I'll let the new coach decide.

Horton won't be here, but I wouldn't worry about him, someone else will sign him, either as an OC, or he could get another HC job at a lower level.

A win over a less than mediocre Illinois team does nothing for me in regards to keeping coaches.

The Gophers need a complete new staff.

Also, it would be hard for Maturi to attract a top guy if he said "Come here, bring whoever you want, but you have to make room for this guy, this guy and this guy."

No thank you.

I hope someone is hired that is more qualified than any of us to know how to build a winning coaching staff.

Re:It's obvious the guy is a pretty good football guy

He did a masterful job with that 0-11 UNLV squad.

Barf. I thought the coaches sucked today, as usual.

With Ill kicking into the wind, why were all the hands guys so far back? Seems like they were playing for a normal kickoff.

Why the HELL were they running the damn ball and throwing a 1 yard pass to the back with 2 minutes left? Same old crap IMO.

Why weren't they more aggressive at the end of the 3rd quarter when they had the wind? They should have thrown it a bunch of times in a hurry-up offense. Instead they just ran it. DUMB.

etc
etc
etc

I hope every coach is gone. Great win for everyone, but I want to forget these coaches were ever here.

Hey, we one a second game, let's rehire all the coaches that got us to the place of rare exaltation! Get real.

Never the less good for Horton, the coaches and the team. Felt good for a change, didn't it?

After watching this game it actually appears like the guy can coach a little bit. I think he should be offensive coordinator for the upcoming hire. The cohesiveness that it would create among the team would be great.

:D

This is a joke, correct?

Didn't Horton lose like 20 in a row as a head coach before today?

Yeah, let's hire him. The delusion on this board continues.....

This board is like a girl during her time of the month. Super emotional about every little thing.

i think davis should be the only one to stay considering the job he has done with the o-line in year two with the injuries and what not

What a great idea! Makes it a lot easier for Timmy to text them what plays to run, etc.
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!
I agree that Davis is one worth keeping but a new coach needs to pick people he knows and know his system. Would they hire a coach who doesn't know what kind of offense he was going to run (and who was going to run it?). Good grief I hope not.
I really like Jeff Horton's public handling of this difficult assignment, but remember who was the OC for most of the season!

The gophers who got outplayed win one game and everyone wants to keep the coach on board. Wow this program has definitely hit rock bottom.

I know the prevailing thought in the past is to keep at least one or two of the previous coaches to help with the transition to a new coach, and I suspect one or two of Brew's crew is worth looking at, but I hope the new coach has some quality people already in mind when he comes. It would show he is on top of things.

i think davis should be the only one to stay considering the job he has done with the o-line in year two with the injuries and what not

sorry bout the second post... Damn phone

Top Bottom