Jeff Goodman: Hoiberg: Royce White Far From Crazy

"It’s unfortunate how people judge Royce because of a few isolated incidents." Wow.

Who actually buys that Hoiberg never saw a single Royce White video? Not even him quitting? C'mon.

Actually, i don't think anyone thought he was crazy. He is intelligent and articulate but the question remains, is he honest? Being involved in two thefts in two months leaves me think he is not.

Actually, i don't think anyone thought he was crazy. He is intelligent and articulate but the question remains, is he honest? Being involved in two thefts in two months leaves me think he is not.

That also made me question his intelligence and common sense.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens-basketball/121948-royce-white-not-crazy-article.html ISU fans are in love.. and so is the mayor apparently.

I will believe Royce turned the corner, when I stop seeing him in my VIP area at AQUA pounding vodka with the bitches..

Why wouldn't we be? He was rated #19 on Rivals Top 100 for the class of 2009, he will be a sophomore when he takes the floor for the first time in Ames.....He's the post player that ISU desperately needs, and he'll take on more burden since Robbinsdale product Calvin Godfrey has been given "das boot" in May.....He's probably the most heralded prospect to come to Ames since Craig Brackins back in 2007....

Ames should be hype, the kid is talented. I was hyped when he signed here, and I'm still mad he ain't playing here lol. Getting away from Minneapolis probably did more good for him than anything.

Extreme coach hyperbole alert:

"I played with (Kevin) Garnett and he reminds me of him with his passing ability."

Yes, I see no reason why we shouldn't compare a 20-year-old never-was to one of, if not THE, best passing post players in the history of basketball.

Extreme coach hyperbole alert:

"I played with (Kevin) Garnett and he reminds me of him with his passing ability."

Yes, I see no reason why we shouldn't compare a 20-year-old never-was to one of, if not THE, best passing post players in the history of basketball.

This is true. Hoiberg played with Garnett, you didn't, therefore he is right. Stop being jealous!

(Sarcasm)

White being crazy? I don't know if anybody made such a claim about White. To me, he was a bit too proud of being bad and was too concerned about street cred or whatever. In one of the articles posted here a few weeks ago, he still sounded as though he were proud of being bad. As long as he limits the attitude to activities on the floor, he should be fine (provided that his posse didn't move along with him to Ames).

Man, I thought we were one recruit (Cory Joseph) away from being a Final Four caliber team after we got the class including White.

When there hasn't been any excitement for basketball season since Iowa State beat Vincent Grier's Minnesota Gophers, it doesn't really take much and with the team of "Wayward Division 1 Basketball players and company" . There's a buzz that hasn't been there in who knows how long....

When there hasn't been any excitement for basketball season since Iowa State beat Vincent Grier's Minnesota Gophers, it doesn't really take much and with the team of "Wayward Division 1 Basketball players and company" . There's a buzz that hasn't been there in who knows how long....

Since... 2009 actually. When the Brackins, Staiger, Gilstrap, Garrett, Dendy combination that everyone thought would light the world on fire got derailed by McValley.

Top Bottom