Jayhawks willing to face Minnesota at The Barn

If Kansas isnt on the schedule in the next two years I will be disappointed. It is not often that a major university publicly states that he is willing to play your school.

If Kansas isnt on the schedule in the next two years I will be disappointed. It is not often that a major university publicly states that he is willing to play your school.

If you read the whole article, it appears that will happen. Tubby and Self are agreeable. Home-n-home series, I'd guess?

Good news.

So now we've had two different BCS schools publicly state that they're willing to or are already scheduled to play Minnesota in (presumably) a home-and-home in the near future. Seton Hall/Bobby Gonzalez is the other one. This sounds encouraging.

What's the back-story?

Sorry to hijack the thread. What's the back-story here? Are most teams not willing to play us at Williams because of the cold, the raised floor, our brand of basketball, Big Ten stigma?

Sorry, haven't heard the reason. Thanks for clarifying.

You would have to ask a given team why they don't want to play here. I don't think you can forget about money. This is supposedly why we don't play everyone twice in the B10. I think it also affects non-conf opponents. There are plenty of small schools that pay for the entire athletic budget by being the Washington Generals for majors. I would love to have home and home deals with a major team or two. But for some reason I also like the idea of playing significant regional games -- Iowa State, Marquette, Nebraska, etc. Create some rivalries with neighboring teams. Also, I would like to play home and homes with the B10 teams we don't play twice in conference play.

Sorry to hijack the thread. What's the back-story here? Are most teams not willing to play us at Williams because of the cold, the raised floor, our brand of basketball, Big Ten stigma?

I think part of it may be that the football program is putting some pressure on the basketball program. The FB program is bringing in more and more real opponents and people are excited about it.

Esposito is just clearly garbage at scheduling opponents.

I'm not buying the whole teams not willing to play here bit.

Cold? Doesn't matter a bit. I will guarantee that

Raised Floor? Is that even a serious question?

Brand of basketball? I don't think the Gophers brand of basketball has a damn thing to do with it. A team that plays tough D? Teams should want to face that and get used to it.

Big Ten stigma? LOL!!

Just to be clear...

... I don't believe any of those either. But that doesn't mean that other teams aren't thinking along any of those lines.

Hopefully, the real answer is because people have seen our improvement and are afraid to play Tubby and the boys!

Top Bottom