19. Illinois
37. GOPHERS
39. Michigan
41. Northwestern
48. Iowa
77. Purdue
99. Penn State
184. Indiana

Big Ten Nonconference SOS Rankings (out of 343 D-I teams)
29. Wisconsin
45. Indiana
53. Northwestern
54. Michigan State
63. Ohio State
94. Michigan
97. Iowa
109. Illinois
208. Purdue
255. GOPHERS
315. Penn State

Wins vs. RPI Top 50 (16)
Michigan State 4 -- vs. Texas (26), vs. Oklahoma State (31), at Gophers (37), at Northwestern (41)
Michigan 3 -- Duke (3), Illinois (19), vs. UCLA (50)
Ohio State 2 -- Butler (2), Iowa (48)
GOPHERS 2 -- Ohio State (16), vs. Louisville (42)
Purdue 2 -- vs. Davidson (20), vs. Boston College (28)
Northwestern 1 -- Florida State (17)
Wisconsin 1 -- at Michigan (39)
Penn State 1 -- Northwestern (41)

National RPI Top 25 Rankings
1. Pitt
2. Butler
3. Duke
4. Xavier
5. Clemson
6. Oklahoma
7. Michigan State
8. UConn
9. West Virginia
10. Georgetown
11. Miami-Ohio
12. North Carolina
13. Wisconsin
14. Cal
15. Syracuse
16. Ohio State
17. Florida State
18. Arizona State
19. Illinois
20. Davidson
21. Tennessee
22. Memphis
23. Temple
24. Evansville
25. St. Mary's

The next 3 games are pretty big for the Gopher's NCAA chances. I'd say we need to go 2-1 in these three and we'll be looking pretty solid. It has been a tough year in the Big Ten with so many teams having nice looking non-conference records heading into the Big Ten season. My hope is we continue to become a stronger team and settle into a regular rotation of players so that the kids can get comfortable with their roles. Things look good so far...

Look at that, Badgers are back to 13 in the RPI. Season is going according to plan. Very disappointing loss to Texas, but absent that, the Badgers are right where they want to be. The strength of schedule will not hurt come seeding time.

Can't wait for the Gophers to come to town in 10 days.

Look at that, Badgers are back to 13 in the RPI. Season is going according to plan. Very disappointing loss to Texas, but absent that, the Badgers are right where they want to be. The strength of schedule will not hurt come seeding time.

Can't wait for the Gophers to come to town in 10 days.

I don't think there was any question the Badgers were a strong team and losing to Texas wasn't anything to be worried about. I would say the Badgers are a 5-8 point favorite against Minnesota in Madison, so we'll see how things turn out. Minnesota is still pretty young, so we're judging our year on conference record and making the big dance. I would judge Wisconsin on whether they have the talent to make the sweet 16 or not.

I've seen some suggest......

the Badgers as low as 7th! I'm not buying that crap. Bo is always near the top and this year will not be an exception. I really think only the Spartans (and that's a maybe) can keep them from the top spot. Purdue look a little scattered and no one else has a really good shot.

For us, if it all comes together, 3rd would be doable (behind State and Wisky) but more likely we battle Ill, Mich, and OSU for 4th---7th. Those 4 are all 1-1 right now!

Top Bottom