James Onwualu ??

GG07

Reaction score
Rivals subscribers that can copy the interview??

It's February. What could he possibly say that is interesting?

Someone mentioned in another thread that he had a last second change of mind and decided to attend the Minnesota Junior day over the weekend. He didn't plan on going at first but it sounded like he enjoyed his time. Thats all I've got.

Was really glad he went because the visit was much more than he expected. Loved bonding with coaches. Can see himself at the U and will be going back more this spring. Likes how his family would be able to watch him play. Gophers will def be in his top 4 and he will decide this spring.

Sounds like we may have a legit shot with the kid

Was really glad he went because the visit was much more than he expected. Loved bonding with coaches. Can see himself at the U and will be going back more this spring. Likes how his family would be able to watch him play. Gophers will def be in his top 4 and he will decide this spring.

Sounds like we may have a legit shot with the kid

Great news. I still think Notre Dame and Stanford are his top two, but this is very encouraging. It means we will always be in the back of his head.

james said that the staff said they very excited about him and are really trying to keep the best in-state and he is in that group. he got to hang out with Coach Matt Limegrover, Coach Jerry Kill and Coach Jay Sawvel the most. The coaches said that he can play anything he wants from wide receiver to safety and Coach Kill really wants him to come in and help build the program back up. He'll be going back to Minnesota a lot because they're so close to home and he wants to check out the program further, but they also invited him to their camps this summer, but he'll be committed by then. Minnesota made it clearly known that he's welcome to visit whenever.

he's thinking of committing before May and he's pretty open at this point, he's done taking visits until he makes a top list here in the next couple of weeks. He's going to make a top four and is going to visit those four schools again with his family to get their perspective on it. In regards to Minnesota, he likes how they're right in his backyard and that's great for the family standpoint because he'd love for his family to see him play. If he were to go to Minnesota, he'd probably be a wide receiver because that's what he wants to play most he thinks. He is pretty open still, but he can tell you Minnesota will be in that top four group.

Great comments - early impression was that he was looking elsewhere. If someone is going to commit early I think they are more likely to stay home.

I think it's really hard to guess where he will end up. Right now, WR/S/RB make the most sense. However, he doesn't graduate HS for 16 months and he is already 6'2" 205 lbs. Considering that most freshman still have to grow into their positions, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that he ends up around 230-235 when he's actually playing.

It all depends upon how much he grows, but he could really end up at WR, RB, S, or LB.

I will say this, I will be absolutely shocked if he stays home and plays at Minnesota based on what I have read on other insider sites.

Top Bottom