James Louis

gophmeister

Reaction score
I say a tweet saying that James Louis did not appear at the team hotel for the beginning of summer camp for tOSU.

Yeah I think news of him transferring popped up a few days ago.

Not to jump on ya but why is this relevant to this board? Do you think he's going to transfer here or something?

I haven't followed the Ohio State saga that carefully and I don't know what the rules are on intra-conference transfers if the team from which the student/athlete is transferring is on probation.

I'm not advocating that Louis transfer to Minnesota, but if Ohio State goes on probation (or has been penalized), could he do so and retain a scholarship?

I haven't followed the Ohio State saga that carefully and I don't know what the rules are on intra-conference transfers if the team from which the student/athlete is transferring is on probation.

I'm not advocating that Louis transfer to Minnesota, but if Ohio State goes on probation (or has been penalized), could he do so and retain a scholarship?

Rule change (I'm not going to look up the specifics) that says now in the B10 players may transfer in conference and get a scholly.

It appears that his interest was in tOSU, Florida, VTech and Minnesota.

And I am advocating that he transfer here. I'd take him in a cocaine heartbeat.

The only reason I wasn't "advocating" is that I don't want to be one of those posters who, upon a prominent player announcing that he's transferring, says "Why not us?" It sometimes makes sense and it may make sense here given Louis' interest in our program out of high school, but I just don't want to be one of those overzealously wishful thinkers.

Seriously? You're a Gophers fan. That makes you an overzealously wishful thinker.

Perusing through Ohio State boards, if these rumors are true, it appears he misses home, and he has a kid there. So a transfer here would be very unlikely.

It;s significant because the previous staff spent a lot time trying to flip him, Then he says he's coming here on facebook a few days before NSD only to eventually sign with tOSU. I'm not advocating her transfer here, just pointing out that a player who shot us down in a weird way is now leaving the school he chose over us after only one year. I figured folks might want to know.

He got to Ohio state and learned they weren't going to pay him as much as promised.

Seriously? You're a Gophers fan. That makes you an overzealously wishful thinker.

I realize that, but I don't want to be one of those guys who contends that Louis' brother-in-law's cousin's massage therapist heard that he was transferring to Minnesota so it must be true!

He got to Ohio state and learned they weren't going to pay him as much as promised.

There probably wasn't anyone at the airport waiting to turnover the car keys when he arrived .

Top Bottom