James Farrow no longer a MN verbal, wants to look around

Have you ever looked at a map? I'll give you SW but definitely not S for Minnetonka.

Troll on.

what so you are saying that minnetonka isn't south of the cities?

*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# on.

what so you are saying that minnetonka isn't south of the cities?

*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# on.

I can't believe this actually has to be done, but see the attached map for reference.

If Minnetonka is "south of the cities (sic)", then South Dakota is south of Minnesota.

Attachments

• twin_cities_map.jpg
    twin_cities_map.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 40

As far as the job analogy is concerned, this is comparable to you committing to work for someone and then actively seeking employment elsewhere before you even start to follow through on your committment. Committment. Some recruits need to look that word up in the dictionary.

If a recruit wants to take his time and make a sound decision, that's one thing. To use a school for a fallback plan, well that's another. And my personal opinion is that such an act shows a lack of class and character. If you don't see it the same way, that's fine. But don't think you'll change how I see things with a crappy analogy or any other attempt at a counterpoint.

As far as the job analogy is concerned, this is comparable to you committing to work for someone and then actively seeking employment elsewhere before you even start to follow through on your committment. Committment. Some recruits need to look that word up in the dictionary.

If a recruit wants to take his time and make a sound decision, that's one thing. To use a school for a fallback plan, well that's another. And my personal opinion is that such an act shows a lack of class and character. If you don't see it the same way, that's fine. But don't think you'll change how I see things with a crappy analogy or any other attempt at a counterpoint.

The committment needs to work both ways however and coaches and programs are known to pull offers to kids as well. I however don't think the kid is merely using Minnesota as a fallback plan, the kid simply wants to see what else is out there and may still end up signing with Minnesota in the end. I just don't feel that Minnesota is at the place yet as a program where they can try and play hardball with these recruits because it will end up hurting Minnesota in the end.

The committment needs to work both ways however and coaches and programs are known to pull offers to kids as well. I however don't think the kid is merely using Minnesota as a fallback plan, the kid simply wants to see what else is out there and may still end up signing with Minnesota in the end. I just don't feel that Minnesota is at the place yet as a program where they can try and play hardball with these recruits because it will end up hurting Minnesota in the end.

The reality of recruiting is that the players are judged by many on the offers they attract. The players know that and want to stack offers as a consequense. They also know the extent of discussions that ensue on these boards tend to hinge on their respective ratings by the talent evaluator's sites like Scout, ESPN and Rivals. Offers do impact ratings whether they want to admit it or not. So, we should be excited that he considers The U as a solid option for his college career. However, he should explore all of his options, get his rating up high and accept his Gopher offer, fully informed and after experiencing the recruiting process. In a nutshell, a soft verbal is fine at the stage of the game. I am certain coach Cosgrove will let him know when the spots get tight and that he would need to solidify his position. For now, let the young man have some fun.

Hopefully Mr. Farrow realizes that Minnesota is the right place for Minnesota kids to play football. OMG if he thinks playing for the BADgers is a great thing have him again talk to Royston. I'm sure Coaches Cosgrove and Horton can tell James what brent enema is really like. If he likes playing a patsy non conference schedule every year, he would enjoy playing for the BADgers.

If he likes playing a pasty non conference schedule every year AND BEATING THE GOPHERS, he would enjoy playing for the BADgers.

kids that grow up in the south burbs see Wisconsin as a more fun and better school then the U.

Minnetonka is not a south suburb. These lake conference kids are not thinking about fun or the school. They are thinking about football. Wisconsin told him he could step in day one and tear it up? Let's face it, Wisconsin and Madison has advantages in that they are a college town whereas this is a pro town, but don't kid yourself, this is about football, not fun or academics.

I agree, pull the offer. Brew should be getting more solid commitments from local kids. Please do not commit until you are sure young man.

I agree, pull the offer. Brew should be getting more solid commitments from local kids. Please do not commit until you are sure young man.

Not an effective approach in my opinion, I humbly suggest. Looking at options is the recruits right and he needs to find out if the universities that offer him are a good fit for him and his family. Pulling his offer really would be kind of silly. We do want players with his talent. The coaches spent time evaluating him. If he at some point passes on the offer, next man up gets an opportunity. Hopefully he confirms that The U is a really good place for him to play his college career.

Not an effective approach in my opinion, I humbly suggest. Looking at options is the recruits right and he needs to find out if the universities that offer him are a good fit for him and his family. Pulling his offer really would be kind of silly. We do want players with his talent. The coaches spent time evaluating him. If he at some point passes on the offer, next man up gets an opportunity. Hopefully he confirms that The U is a really good place for him to play his college career.

It's also a bad strategy to allow recruits to see your school as a safety school, one you will only take if you get nothing better. It may be a recruit's right to keep looking, but it is also the school's right to keep looking. I wouldn't pull the offer out of spite, but if a recruit keeps looking, the school is free to offer than scholarship to someone else. If recruits feel that an offer is an iron-clad contract on the universities part, but not on their part, it leads to people treating the U like a safety school.

It's also a bad strategy to allow recruits to see your school as a safety school, one you will only take if you get nothing better. It may be a recruit's right to keep looking, but it is also the school's right to keep looking. I wouldn't pull the offer out of spite, but if a recruit keeps looking, the school is free to offer than scholarship to someone else. If recruits feel that an offer is an iron-clad contract on the universities part, but not on their part, it leads to people treating the U like a safety school.

Sounds a bit crybabyish to me. The U can take care of all of that on the football field. We are what we are for now in some recruits' minds. Nothing precludes us from advising a young man that another wants his spot and he has to confirm or get his offer pulled for the other at some point down the line. Some of us are a bit sinsative about guys looking around but it happens to eveyone. Just part of the recruiting process.

Sorry, but

Committing then begging that schools rival is not part of this. Don't commit unless you are committed. I have thought this about kids who switch to the "U" as well. Nobody threatened to shoot his dog if he didn't commit on the spot. That was his choice. He should have run to the badgers with the offer and told them he was going to verbal and see if that could have drawn an offer. There is a reason they are called committments and not Waffles.

Sounds a bit crybabyish to me. The U can take care of all of that on the football field. We are what we are for now in some recruits' minds. Nothing precludes us from advising a young man that another wants his spot and he has to confirm or get his offer pulled for the other at some point down the line. Some of us are a bit sinsative about guys looking around but it happens to eveyone. Just part of the recruiting process.

Not "crybabyish" my any means. Just facts and logic.

Nothing precludes us from advising a young man that another wants his spot and he has to confirm or get his offer pulled for the other at some point down the line.

That's pretty much what I said.

He was a lock to come here until dear old dad got dollars from USC he could not pass up. But You can add it to anything you want Troll.

SH's dad did not get $$$ from USC. Bottom line. Stop lying to yourself.

He was a lock to come here until dear old dad got dollars from USC he could not pass up. But You can add it to anything you want Troll.

Exactly right. I mean, what other reason could someone have to choose USC over the Gophers?

I can't believe this actually has to be done, but see the attached map for reference.

If Minnetonka is "south of the cities (sic)", then South Dakota is south of Minnesota.

Thanks for following up. I didn't want to waste the time.

Are Thornton and Tillman expected to be significant contributors as jucos? Have they signed tenders with the Gophers?

Top Bottom