F: Rick Rickert

C: Reggie Lynch

Third Team
G: Austin Hollins

G: Blake Hoffarber

F: Dusty Rychart

F: Damian Johnson

C: Spencer Tollackson

Honorable Mention: Amir Coffey, Al Nolen, Dan Coleman, Lawrence McKenzie, Rodney Williams.

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2017/12/gophers-notebook-selecting-gophers-team-past-two-decades/

Go Gophers!!

per Depue:

First Team
G: Vincent Grier

G: Nate Mason

F: Kris Humphries

F: Jordan Murphy

C: Joel Przybilla

Second Team
G: Andre Hollins

G: Lawrence Westbrook

F: Trevor Mbakwe

Third Team

Honorable Mention: Amir Coffey, Al Nolen, Dan Coleman, Lawrence McKenzie, Rodney Williams.

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2017/12/gophers-notebook-selecting-gophers-team-past-two-decades/

Go Gophers!!

Man, as much as I love those players, it's a pretty sad snapshot of the program for the last almost 20 years. Those 2nd and 3rd teams are pretty sad.

Man, as much as I love those players, it's a pretty sad snapshot of the program for the last almost 20 years. Those 2nd and 3rd teams are pretty sad.

Some of that has to do with the awful selections that were made.

Amir is already a better player than Westbrook, Hoffarber, and Austin Hollins ever were.

Amir is already a better player than Westbrook, Hoffarber, and Austin Hollins ever were.

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with you regarding Austin Hollins. He was really solid and one of our more complete players on some good teams.

I'm sure Coffey will eventually pass him too, but right now, he is still too inconsistent

Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with you regarding Austin Hollins. He was really solid and one of our more complete players on some good teams.

I'm sure Coffey will eventually pass him too, but right now, he is still too inconsistent

Exactly. Coffey has more potential, but hasn't performed at the levels of Austin or Blake yet.

In what way?

Better shooter? Better handle? Better defense?

I think Coffey has the potential to be better, but the current measurables (my opinion) don't support your position.

Yea...Austin was the one I had to think twice about, as he was a solid defender and good glue guy on some decent teams.

In what way?

Better shooter? Better handle? Better defense?

I think Coffey has the potential to be better, but the current measurables (my opinion) don't support your position.

Measurables, as in statistics?

I just looked up the career stats of Hollins, Hoffarber, and Westbrook. Coffey has played 1.5 seasons and is already better in that regard.

Measurables, as in statistics?

I just looked up the career stats of Hollins, Hoffarber, and Westbrook. Coffey has played 1.5 seasons and is already better in that regard.
[emoji33][emoji32][emoji108]

per Depue:

First Team
G: Vincent Grier

G: Nate Mason

F: Kris Humphries

F: Jordan Murphy

C: Joel Przybilla

Second Team
G: Andre Hollins

G: Lawrence Westbrook

F: Trevor Mbakwe

Third Team

Go Gophers!!

I think I could take this honorable mention team and beat probably the 2nd and for sure the 3rd team.

This is a good thread.

Thoughts: In no way does Humphries have any right being on that first team. He has had a very serviceable NBA career but he was a blackhole the one year he was here and did nothing but stat stuff to boost his own draft stock. Jeff Hagen before Tollackson, Al Nolen over Hoffarber, Amir Coffey needs to be there for someone whether it is Rychart or DJ.

Przybilla barely even played in the 2000s, particularly since he quit during his sophomore year. He doesn't belong on any of these lists, let alone first team.

Flip Humphries and Mbakwe, put Lynch on the first team, and it's about right.

Przybilla barely even played in the 2000s, particularly since he quit during his sophomore year. He doesn't belong on any of these lists, let alone first team.

C: Joel Przybilla (1998-2000): Pryzbilla barely meets the qualifications for this made up team, playing the second half of his sophomore season in 2000 before declaring for the draft. He had a solid 13-year career in the NBA, but before that, was a very good player in his two years at the U. As a freshman, he played on Clem Haskins’ final team, which made the NCAA tournament but played short-handed after the program’s academic scandal came to light. In his sophomore year, Przybilla averaged 14.2 points, 8.4 rebounds and 3.9 blocks per game while shooting 61% from the field.

Exactly. Coffey has more potential, but hasn't performed at the levels of Austin or Blake yet.

Coffey is averaging more points, rebounds, assists, has a better fg% than Austin Hollins... but other than that sure

I assume you're taking their positions into account rather than selecting the 5 best players? Otherwise the flip would be with Murphy, presumably.

Top Bottom