Jacques Perra

Status
Not open for further replies.

wait!what?

Reaction score
Anyone watch RHS football to see if this kid has the ability to play if he is called on in 2014?

It might be interesting to hear from what!what? first. Why did you ask the question? Are you trying to access the talent and/or readiness level of this player or are you concerned about the present strength/depth of the quarterback position?

There has been a lot of very positive comment about Jacques Perra from several sources. If he was willing to give up a scholarship to walk on here I already like him. Maybe Bob Loblow(Spell?) could give his assessment.

The kid can play and I was thrilled when he decided to be a Gopher, but if he plays in 2014 we're in huge trouble.

Why was my post deleted? Because a taint-sniffer has to follow each of my posts trying to pick a fight? I said nothing wrong. I like Perra and he's a very good get as a walk-on, but our 5th-string (at best) walk-on QB isn't seeing the field in 2014. If that's controversial, I guess you'll have to delete this post too.

Why was my post deleted? Because a taint-sniffer has to follow each of my posts trying to pick a fight? I said nothing wrong. I like Perra and he's a very good get as a walk-on, but our 5th-string (at best) walk-on QB isn't seeing the field in 2014. If that's controversial, I guess you'll have to delete this post too.

Mods have to make an example of someone, dpo!!! :)

Name calling will not be tolerated on this board. : ) And I don't want to pick a fight, I just want you to stop being you all the time everytime...which I find very annoying.

I thought Perra was the clear number 3 this spring. Roden-McKinzy wasn't there yet. R-M may move ahead of Perra in the fall. Either way I can see Perra getting some mop-up action during the year. I expect R-M will redshirt.

I thought Perra was the clear number 3 this spring. Roden-McKinzy wasn't there yet. R-M may move ahead of Perra in the fall. Either way I can see Perra getting some mop-up action during the year. I expect R-M will redshirt.

Perra didn't play this spring, are you thinking of Rhoda?

I've seen Perra play live four or five times. He deserved an offer from every team in the Missouri Valley (NDSU, SDSU, etc.) and probably from half the MAC schools. So he's a TREMENDOUS get as a preferred walk-on. That being said, if you have a low-level FBS true freshman playing quarterback...yikes we're in MAJOR trouble. We would be in big trouble. Jacques was a good player for Roseville. He's fairly mobile, but I wouldn't say he's a mobile quarterback. He has a nice arm, but can make risky throws. A lot of times when he gets out of the pocket and is under pressure, he just kind of chucked it up to Jesper Horsted who would come down with it in double coverage. If he didn't have Horsted, he probably would have had four or five more picks.

All in all, Perra is an absolute steal as a preferred walk-on, but we'd be in trouble if he has to see the field as a freshman.

Generally speaking, in FBS, if you are starting a FR QB, you are probably in trouble. Not saying its never happened dpod, but generally speaking, trouble.

I've seen Perra play live four or five times. He deserved an offer from every team in the Missouri Valley (NDSU, SDSU, etc.) and probably from half the MAC schools. So he's a TREMENDOUS get as a preferred walk-on. That being said, if you have a low-level FBS true freshman playing quarterback...yikes we're in MAJOR trouble. We would be in big trouble. Jacques was a good player for Roseville. He's fairly mobile, but I wouldn't say he's a mobile quarterback. He has a nice arm, but can make risky throws. A lot of times when he gets out of the pocket and is under pressure, he just kind of chucked it up to Jesper Horsted who would come down with it in double coverage. If he didn't have Horsted, he probably would have had four or five more picks.

All in all, Perra is an absolute steal as a preferred walk-on, but we'd be in trouble if he has to see the field as a freshman.

i saw him 3x.. i agree with most of what RG says here.. Horsted did bail him out on some 'lob' throws down the sideline.
Perra is a average athlete at best.. nowhere near Nelson nor Leidner as a runner.
what he did have was great timing with his receivers.. outs, RB over the middle, TE down the middle... he can really fit a ball into a tight space... on time / in stride.

i saw him 3x.. i agree with most of what RG says here.. Horsted did bail him out on some 'lob' throws down the sideline.
Perra is a average athlete at best.. nowhere near Nelson nor Leidner as a runner.
what he did have was great timing with his receivers.. outs, RB over the middle, TE down the middle... he can really fit a ball into a tight space... on time / in stride.

Correct... Not nearly as good of a runner as Mitch or Phil. And good point with throwing to the sidelines. It seems like a third of completions werecaught right next to the sidelines after rolling out.

Correct... Not nearly as good of a runner as Mitch or Phil. And good point with throwing to the sidelines. It seems like a third of completions werecaught right next to the sidelines after rolling out.

I know that Leidner was able to show his running ability with the gophers last year. But I always thought of him as more of a strong armed Passer while in high school. Maybe this Perra guy can work on his mobility while redshirting this year and retain his nice accurately timed passes, for when he is called upon in the coming years.

These freshmen guys are always developing their talents. They are only 18.

Sorry about the grammars. I am in China sending from my cell in a loud ass restaurant.

Sent from my MUCH i5 using Tapatalk

Perra is a All Star

The kid can play andy I was thrilled

Just wondering how many high school quarterbacks can completely a 65 yard pass into double coverage. Perra did that at TCF. I watched him play 7 times last year in person.

He could play. He completed a 65 yard pass into double coverage at TCF last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom