It's Morning in Gopher Nation

MBAGuy

Needs something to cheer about
Reaction score
It's a great time to be a Gopher.

With Decker gone, the training wheels are now off and, sink or swim, the team is dependent on Brewster's recruited talent on offense. I'm excited to see them get the chance to step up.

We got our first real look at Gray last week and I liked what I saw. It's clear he's going to play a bigger role in the offense as the season progresses and, in my opinion, it's only a matter of time until he takes the starting role. Will this be the week where he finally emerges as the future of the program?

More and more, we're seeing the younger players become involved with the defense. Cooper, Tinsley, Edwards, Kirksey, and Carter, to name a few. Over the next few weeks, we'll have an opportunity to see whether the improved speed defensively will have the desired effect.

Yeah, we won't be going to a NYD bowl game for the 42nd consecutive year. Yeah, the last two weeks have been abysmal from an offensive perspective. Yeah, Brewster and Fisch are learning on the job and have, at times, been confounding in their leadership. But week by week, this is becoming Brewster's team. Good, bad, or indifferent, we'll finally get to see what we've got in store for us next year with regard to talent and depth.

It's morning in Gopher Nation and, if you'll excuse me for being a little sappy, I'm excited to see the dawn. :)

Can't argue... I agree on all points.

I've got to agree, perspective is key. We will not be playing a single WR or RB from the previous regime(unless Kuznia gets in there). Our offensive success should be determined from now on largely by guys who have either been recruited outright, or developed by Brew's coaches.
On defense, we still have some transition to go, but meaningful contributions are growing for the younger guys. It is the beginning of the Brewster regime, this spring it will start in full, but we will get a 4 game headstart beginning on Saturday. Good, Bad, Ugly, who knows?
Dawn is breaking in Gopher Nation.

The big thing is for people not to get too dour if there's a bad performance tomorrow. The offense is kind of in flux right now and a lot of things will be changing. You have to take a long term view of these things as new personnel are integrated.

very well stated and actually sanity on this board.

One of the most sane posts yet on this board. Thanks for that. And I agree, I'm excited to see what we can do as Brew's own recruits start to take on bigger roles.

The big thing is for people not to get too dour if there's a bad performance tomorrow. The offense is kind of in flux right now and a lot of things will be changing. You have to take a long term view of these things as new personnel are integrated.

Normallly, what you said makes sense and should be taken into consideration but this same excuse has been posted on this board for 2.5 seasons now. It's almost like someone just copies and pastes it from week to week.

Atta boy Art Vandelay. I happened to enjoy the OP.

Go Gophers!

Well said and reasonably put. Never make that mistake again!

Top Bottom