It is better for Minnesota for Wisconsin and Iowa to win

Some guy

Reaction score
If Iowa beats Indiana and Wisconsin beat Penn State…there can’t be an East>west narrative this year (though there still will be a narrative that Ohio State is the only really national threat in the conference)

If Minnesota believes it can contend…it should win out, finish 11-1 and play Ohio state. They’d enter the game playing for a spot in the playoff. If that is the case…cheer for Wisconsin and Iowa this weekend.

The likelihood of a back into the big ten title game is so low.
Would require a 7-2 finish (losing to Iowa or Wisconsin) with the other team we lose to finishing 6-3. I see this case as unlikely and not as rewarding,

I am cheering for Iowa and Wisconsin this weekend.

Just kidding, i vomited writing that and hope they both lose:

My logic tells me that if you "just" want to win the Big Ten West, you want WI and Iowa to lose anytime.

If you want to win the West and be in a conversation for an at large CFP birth (if you think we are there), we want as many quality wins along the way, so you would hope all of your opponents are unbeaten and crush every opponent they play so when you beat them it looks like great wins.

So, yeh.
I can't really cheer for either team, so I'll just enjoy the games.

I want to win the west, even if it takes a year of the rest of the west being down. Just get one under the belt.

I want to win the west, even if it takes a year of the rest of the west being down. Just get one under the belt.
Same. I was thinking about the same thing as Some Guy, and I concluded I want a West Division championship. I don't care how, or if it's because "the West is down." It's time to take another step.

If Iowa and Wisconsin lose tomorrow, 2 losses will more than likely win the west. I'm all for this.

Want Iowa and Wisconsin to lose. If we win out and our only loss is to OSU whom we led at the half then lost our best RB plus did so without our best WR all game, you’re making the CFP

Want Iowa and Wisconsin to lose. If we win out and our only loss is to OSU whom we led at the half then lost our best RB plus did so without our best WR all game, you’re making the CFP
A 1 loss conference champ from a power 5 has never missed the playoff in favor of a 2 loss team

Top Bottom